NECRC is committed to the social, economic and cultural renewal of the North End of Winnipeg.
NECRC defines its development goals through annual consultations and ongoing networking with North End residents and businesses. The corporation works with community committees to plan and implement development strategies in its goal to revitalize the North End.
NECRC operates on principles of Community Economic Development using a development system approach to bring about renewal in the North End. Our seven development themes: housing, employment, culture and diversity, community, safety, economic and recreation and wellness combine to maximize the impact of our community initiatives.
JOB DESCRIPTION/TITLE: North End Youth Website Content Coordinator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Month contract, with possibility of extension
SALARY: $32-$35,000 per year, dependent on experience
START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: 509Selkirk Ave. NECRC Head office
EDUCATION: University degree/college diploma in website design and development, communications and/or a combination of relevant knowledge and experience
EXPERIENCE: An asset
LANGUAGES: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
TYPE OF OPERATION: Not-For-Profit
- To engage and connect with youth in the North End (online and in-person)
- To maintain and strengthen the North End Youth website and social media channels
- Plan and coordinate youth council meetings, including recruitment and selection of members
- To develop the capacity of the North End Youth Council members through training and workshops, to work towards independently managing the North End Youth website
- To secure contributors to the website from local organizations and businesses to help sustain the website project
- Participate in various community groups, associations and planning committees
- Report to the North End Wellness, Youth and Recreation Steering Committee on website statistics and youth council activity.
- Work with North End Wellness, Youth and Recreation Committee on various community projects
ESSENTIAL SKILLS: Reading text; Document use; Writing; Communication; Working with others; Problem solving; Decision making; Critical thinking; Significant use of memory; Finding information; Computer use; Continuous learning
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit Resume & cover letter by deadline
“ABORIGINAL PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, RESIDENTS OF THE NORTH END ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF DECLARE IN THEIR COVERING LETTER”
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: resume and cover letter deadline is Nov 27th 2015 12pm to path at necrc.org