SUMMARY OF POSITION
The New Economy Coalition is hiring an experienced, dedicated Development Director to oversee development operations and fundraising for our annual budget of over $1 million.
Location: Boston, MA
Start Date: December 2015
Salary: $50-60k, commensurate with experience
The Development Director oversees all fundraising and revenue-generating activities for the organization. Along with the Executive Director and Board, this position is responsible for meeting NEC’s annual budget needs and ensuring successful fundraising. With the Executive Director and other director-level staff, the Development Director is a member of the Staff Leadership Team which oversees management of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample by December 1st: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2409024/Apply-For-Position-Development-Di...
Lead fundraising efforts to support NEC’s work.
- Build relationships with current funders.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects and new donors
- Solicit funds from foundations and individuals.
- Ensure ongoing cultivation and stewardship of funders at all levels.
- Regularly engage members of the Board of Directors in fundraising efforts.
- Partner with the Executive Director to cultivate, solicit, and steward existing donors and engage all staff in development and fundraising activity.
- Organize development parties and events.
- Identify and solicit sponsorships for major conferences and events.
- Lead research and prospecting to identify new potential funders.
- Explore and develop new potential funding sources for NEC.
- Oversee writing and timely submission of letters of inquiry, funding proposals, and grant reports.
- Oversee effective development-related email and mail outreach to supporters.
- Maintain NEC’s online giving page and Action Network donation page.
- Lead creation of compelling development-related copy, including grants, reports, letters, emails, Annual Report, and other materials.
- Develop and maintain effective systems for tracking donors, prospects, and other organizational contacts, including the Salesforce database.
- Ensure timely processing, recording, and acknowledgment of donations.
- Manage Development Associate and oversee operations and administration of development unit.
- Participate in organizational leadership as a member of the Staff Leadership Team.
- Ensure all staff and board understand fundraising and budget needs of the organization as related to programmatic goals and priorities.
- Participate in other organizational leadership, including committees and task forces, as needed.
- Work with finance manager to support cash flow and financial management of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4 years experience in development or related field. Preference will be given to candidates with experience fundraising for social justice and climate causes and/or leading a development team.
- Understanding of and commitment to new economy values, such as racial, economic, and climate justice; cooperative ownership; democratic governance; and systems change.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and grant writing experience. Good organizational skills.
- Positive attitude. and ability to be flexible and work under pressure. The right applicant will be self-directed and will also love working collaboratively as part of our team of fun, passionate team.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and supervises the Development Associate. This position requires approximately 20% travel, and occasional evenings and weekends.
- December 2015
- No requirement
- Full time (~40hr/wk)
SALARY RANGE (annual, U.S. $)
- $50,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience.