Spence Neighbourhood Association is looking to fill a 37.5 hour per week Youth Employment Coordinator for the Youth Crew Program. The Youth Crew program is one that connects youth from the Spence Neighbourhood with odd jobs in the community. The two main streams for odd jobs are youth catering program and yard work and snow removal. As coordinator of the program you would be responsible for making sure youth are trained to do all odd jobs and catering, as well as trained on workplace safety and health procedures. You are also responsible for setting up jobs, supervision of youth completing jobs and invoicing and connecting with employers. The Youth Employment coordinator reports to the first jobs for youth coordinator and will part of the youth employment programs team working to connect youth from our community to skills, training and jobs.
Note- This position is a term position until the end of March 2016, with continuation dependant on funding
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing all youth in the youth crew program
- Ensuring all youth are trained for all the odd jobs they will be doing
- Develop positive relationships with youth in the program and from the community
- Develop relationships with clients, and other groups who hire youth crew
- Provide quotes and invoice to clients
- Manage and track all work through database tracking program
- Provide youth with a healthy and fun environment for doing odd jobs in the community.
- Must have an in depth understanding of inner city communities and the issues facing youth
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must enjoy team work and be willing to work with other SNA staff.
- Must be able to provide a current criminal record check and child abuse registry check
- Current First aid and CPR training and Drivers Licence are assets.
- Creativity and ambition an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Supportive and encouraging with community members
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve in fast paced environment
- Experienced and comfortable with office software
- Knowledge of Spence neighbourhood and resources in community
- Leadership skills
- Organization skills and abilities
- Knowledge of CED principles
- Conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Resident of Spence Neighbourhood
- People person
- Cooking and catering skills
- Yard care skills.
Hours and remuneration:
The Employee agrees to fulfill a 37.5hour work week. SNA agrees to pay $15-$17 per hour for a 37.5 hour work week on a bi-weekly schedule, with hours paid as worked. Required CPP, EI, and tax deductions will be made and employer contributions will be paid. Responsibilities may require flexible hours to be worked (i.e., evenings and weekends). However, regular hours will be Monday to Friday between 2:00pm -9:00pm
The Spence Neighbourhood Association would like to encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
4:00 pm Wednesday December 9th, 2015
SUBMIT RESUME & COVER LETTER TO:
Spence Neighbourhood Association
Attention: Jamil Mahmood
615 Ellice Ave, R3G 0A4
E-mail: jamil at spenceneighbourhood.org
SOURCE: Spence Neighbourhood Association