Division: Open For Business / Social Enterprise
Salary: $58,831.00 - $82,250.00 Per Year
Do you want to co-lead and lead the development of policies, programs, and partnership opportunities in Ontario's fast-growing social enterprise sector? Do you want to help develop a strong and sustainable social enterprise ecosystem and deploy innovative social finance tools? If so, join the Social Enterprise Branch, part of the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure/Ministry of Research and Innovation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Co-lead/lead the development of policy approaches for new initiatives
- Draft papers, correspondence and briefing documents on a range of policy issues
- Conduct/lead research projects related to policy and program initiatives that support social enterprise in Ontario
- Co-lead/develop and implement project plans, objectives, timelines, deliverables and schedules
- Prepare briefing materials, presentations and reports
- Act as the focal point of contact, liaison and resource between the Director's office and internal and external parties.
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge relating to social enterprise, including regulatory issues, enabling infrastructure, partnerships, financing, and commercialization processes
- You are familiar with the decision-making and accountability framework of the provincial government, and the legislative approvals and allocations processes
- You have knowledge of policy development principles and processes
Project Management and Research Skills:
- You have knowledge of project management techniques, principles and tools
- You can plan and manage work to timelines
- You have knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research principles and techniques
- You have knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles and practices
- You can prepare briefing notes, Cabinet submissions, option papers, reports, and background analyses for senior management, the Deputy, the Minister and the Premier
- You have excellent presentation and facilitation skills to explain program policy positions and promote policy and strategic initiatives to ministry senior management and to stakeholders
- You have excellent advisory skills to provide policy advice and expertise on a range of strategic research and innovation issues
Consultation and Relationship Management Skills:
- You have effective consultation, consensus building, and negotiation skills to resolve competing policy and program related issues with partners and stakeholders
- You can develop effective linkages and consultation frameworks with stakeholders in the provincial and federal governments, and in the private and academic sectors
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Thursday, December 31, 2015 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
SOURCE: The Ontario Public Service