Greenstone Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC), based in Flin Flon, 7 hours North of Winnipeg, is a non-profit organization, headed by a Board of Directors, representing Flin Flon, Snow Lake, Cranberry Portage and Sherridon. Greenstone CFDC provides economic and community development services.
The General Manager reports to a volunteer Board of Directors and oversees the operations of the corporation, providing strategic direction and ensuring that both the mandate and corporate mission are achieved. The position is a leadership role and responsible for overseeing all aspects of the operations, including guidance of staff and lending/property management.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of administrative practices in business and an excellent understanding of economic development, lending practices, credit law and venture development. The professional we are seeking must be highly self-motivated and have excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage numerous partnerships and projects
- Appreciation of the challenges and opportunities in community economic development diversity
- Must be able to travel throughout the region
- Must have valid Driver's Licence and pass a criminal record check.
Preferences will be given to candidates with:
- Proven financial management skills
- Familiarity with principles of lending
- Knowledge of proposal writing
- University or college graduate in management or economic development or equivalent
Salary range and comprehensive benefit package is competitive depending on level of experience and education of successful applicant.
Please forward resume, including references to the Hiring Committee by January 15, 2016 to: greencom at mymts.net in doc or pdf formats. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Greenstone Futures Development Corporation
Attn: Board of Directors/Hiring Committee