The Coordinator is the primary contact between the Funder(s), Community Stakeholders; Community Membership, Outreach Worker and governing Executive Committee, and as such is expected to represent the organization in a professional manner consistent with established parameters. The role requires the incumbent to work collaboratively with a goal of developing and implementing equitable, evidence based, quality education and programming that is beneficial to the North End Point Douglas Community for families with children aged 0 to 6 years.
Start Date: March 21, 2016
Education and Experience:
Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in social sciences/services: BA/BSc/BSW; ECE II or III or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working with children 0-6; knowledge, awareness and experience with Aboriginal and Newcomer communities; understanding and awareness of working with low income communities; familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and ability to use a computer; Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence and use of a vehicle; clear Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry; current First Aid and CPR Certification
Community development experience in the inner city; Family Literacy and evidence based Parenting Program facilitator certification; Food Handlers Certification; Non-Violent Crisis Intervention; Suicide Prevention (or willingness to become certified).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Community Outreach (25%)
- Maintain positive working relationships within the community, including not for profit organizations, childcare centres, schools, community centres and government service representatives to assess, develop and implement evidence based programming for families and pre-school children.
- Identify areas of need and explore ways to address gaps.
- Offer and facilitate community programming.
- Supervise the Outreach Worker.
- Collaborate with Community Stakeholders to ensure a variety of needs-based programming is provided at various community sites at differing times and days throughout the community characterization area in the areas of family literacy, healthy lifestyles and parenting.
- Administer, support and maintain community granting by conducting intakes, keeping accurate records, ensuring requirements are met and providing applicant support.
- Complete and submit required reporting to: Funder(s), Executive Committee, Sub Committees and Membership.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Committee, sub committees and Membership
- Maintain records and filing systems.
- Maintain website, social media and membership lists.
- Manage and administer day to day operations of the organization.
- Manage and administer the annual budget.
- Other duties, as assigned.
A comprehensive overview of the position responsibilities is contained in the FACT Staff Manual.
Please forward resumes with a cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria by 4:30 pm February 19, 2016 (deadline) to: Attention Hiring Committee: FACT Point Douglas Parent Child Coalition #206-765 Main Street, Winnipeg MB R2W 3N5 Or via email to: factcoalition at gmail.com. Fax facilities are not available