This is an on-going freelance position (approx. 16 – 32 hours per month), and is responsible for the development and preparation of our external communications.
While we are able to offer flexible hours and the ability to work from home, availability is required both during regular business hours and evenings as you will be working with other SCP employees and attending speaking engagements.
Who are we and what do we do?
Social Capital Partners is one of the pioneers in Canada when it comes to investing in companies that aim to improve society. We care deeply about helping people get access to good jobs, people who might have faced challenges getting a job, for example new Canadians, people with disabilities, youth or aboriginals etc. Our approach is to develop innovative win-win models together with the private sector, the social sector and the government. We are just about to launch a new financial product through banks and credit unions that will help over a thousand people from above mentioned population groups get access to meaningful jobs and careers.
What do we need?
We are an entrepreneurial organisation that learns by testing new things on the ground. We have learned a lot over the years and we want to share our learnings with our stakeholders and the public at large. However, we often don’t have time to do so, and frankly, we are not very good at writing short, concise, compelling and easy to understand communication pieces. This is where we need your help. The job will include interviewing us to get our learnings and thoughts on paper, share that in newsletters, memos to stakeholders or more broadly through social media and articles in magazines.
- Develop “stock” reference and promotional materials to frequently requested SCP work summaries
- Supporting SCP team in developing presentations, reports and reference materials
- Provide communication support for on-going and new pilot and/or program activities
- Social Media – develop content to drive traffic to website, provide status update on Twitter, Facebook and other social media. Blog – research, develop and share meaningful content for SCP followers on regular basis
- Attend networking and/or speaking engagements with senior SCP staff to record and broadcast content
Skills and experience:
- Post-secondary education in a discipline relevant to communications, marketing, journalism, public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner designed to generate support in a target audience
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans and materials: a portfolio of prior work required
- Social Media experience
- A commitment to working cooperatively in a team environment ; participating in regular meetings
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application to emiko at socialcapitalpartners.ca
We appreciate your interest in this role. Please note that only those being considered for an interview will receive a reply.
SOURCE: Centre for Social Innovation