Spence Neighbourhood Association is looking to fill a 30 hours per week position. The Spence Neighbourhood Association is looking for a Community Economic development (CED) Five year plan coordinator. SNA is embarking on creating a CED strategy for our community, this position will do community consultations, focus groups and work to create a community based CED strategy for the Spence Neighbourhood. This positions will also split the front desk duties at our615 Ellice office. The office is a busy place with community members coming in to access a variety of resources from the different programs offered by SNA, it also gives a great opportunity to hear from community members and engage them in the planning process.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Set up and run community consultations, focus groups, surveys etc.
- Connect with other agencies running CED projects
- Connect to the Spence Neighbourhood businesses
- Develop reports and files from consultations
- Fundraising and sustainable fund development
- Assist community members with resources
- Run the CED community committee
- Complete community led CED 5 year strategic plan
- Must have an in depth understanding of inner city communities and the issues facing youth
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must enjoy team work and be willing to work with other SNA staff.
- Must be able to provide a current criminal record check and child abuse registry check
- Current First aid and CPR training and Drivers Licence are assets.
- Creativity and ambition an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Supportive and encouraging with community members
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve in fast paced environment
- Experienced and comfortable with office software
- Knowledge of Spence neighbourhood and resources in community
- Leadership skills
- Organization skills and abilities
- Knowledge of CED principles
- Conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Resident of Spence Neighbourhood
- People person
Hours and remuneration:
The Employee agrees to fulfill a 30-35 hour work week for a 6 month term position. SNA agrees to pay $16-$17 per hour for a 30-35 hour work week on a bi-weekly schedule, with hours paid as worked. Required CPP, EI, and tax deductions will be made and employer contributions will be paid. Responsibilities may require flexible hours to be worked (i.e., evenings and weekends). However, regular hours will be Monday to Friday between 10 am and 6pm
The Spence Neighbourhood Association would like to encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
4:00pm Friday February 19th, 2016
SUBMIT RESUME & COVER LETTER TO:
Spence Neighbourhood Association
Attention: Jamil Mahmood
615 Ellice Ave, R3G 0A4
E-mail: jamil at spenceneighbourhood.org
SOURCE: Spence Neighbourhood Association