The Canadian CED Network is inviting applications for a Social Enterprise Program Coordinator in our Winnipeg office. The Social Enterprise Program Coordinator implements CCEDNet – Manitoba’s social enterprise development program, known as Enterprising Non Profits (ENP), which includes: assessment, coaching, and direct service to early stage social enterprises; coordination and delivery of the Build and Grow Your Social Enterprise orientation workshop and other learning opportunities; coordination and execution of the Social Enterprise Development Grant program; and liaising with other development groups to contribute to a more coordinated social enterprise development ecosystem. This person will work with the ENP Solutions Table on program development and delivery, will also help support the national Social Enterprise Community of Practice, and will work with the Social Enterprise Program and Policy Manager to implement skill development elements of the Manitoba Social Enterprise Strategy. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, non-profit organization committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have several hundred members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Aboriginal and northern settings. The Manitoba regional network is strong and active, with a staff team focusing on strengthening members’ skills and knowledge to build capacity, growing and using our collective voice to engage with the public and our governments, and connecting community economic developers to each other and needed resources.
Reporting to the Manitoba Regional Director:
- Provide intake, assessment, and direct service to ENP program clients including information referrals, early-stage business development coaching, grant program application assistance and follow up, and connection to service delivery partners.
- With other CCEDNet – Manitoba staff and ENP service delivery partners, coordinate, market, deliver, and evaluate the Build and Grow Your Social Enterprise workshop offered at least twice per year.
- With the Solutions Table advisory team, coordinate intake, adjudication, allocation, and evaluation of the Social Enterprise Development Grant.
- Ensure adequate communications about CCEDNet’s social enterprise development program including updated website content, marketing of program offerings, and social enterprise content included in other CCEDNet mediums.
- Track interactions and supports offered to program participants.
- Complete mid-term impact assessments with program participants.
- Support program funding proposals and reporting, with the Regional Director.
- Participate in and provide administrative support for the national Social Enterprise Community of Practice.
- Work with the Social Enterprise Policy and Program Manager on various aspects of the Manitoba Social Enterprise Strategy implementation project, as required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community economic development (CED) principles, social justice, poverty reduction, and community development approaches
- Previous experience in community-based training, business development, program development, and/or grant administration an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills that can be adapted to various audiences, formats, and styles including marketing material, news releases, meeting facilitation, presentations, and online communications
- Ability to work well within collaborative structures and coalitions
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (business administration, community development, social work, adult education, sociology, etc.), or comparable experience
- Detail-oriented, independent, professional, and able to work in a flexible, open-office environment in a program area with multiple priorities
HOURS AND PAY
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. It is a full-time position at 37.5 hours / week. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required, and the schedule is flexible. While the majority of programming is in Winnipeg, some travel is required. Hourly wage range is $19.38 – $21.09, commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter by Sunday, March 6, 2016 to sleesonklym at ccednet-rcdec.ca with ‘Social Enterprise Program Coordinator’ in the subject line.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. CCEDNet is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and term-specific contractual opportunities and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.