|Position Type:||Full-time, Permanent|
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Community Impact, the Director, Neighbourhood Initiatives is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the Building Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy (BSNS).
As a key member of United Way Toronto & York Region’s (UWTYR) Community Impact team, your key accountabilities will be:
- Oversight of all Neighbourhood initiatives including design, implementation, communication, evaluation and monitoring, and cross organization coordination
- Provide both strategic and operational guidance as it relates to the BSNS initiatives both internally and externally
- Provide leadership and mentoring for a team including setting annual objectives, performance management and ensuring professional development opportunities
- Provide capacity building outreach and developmental supports to residents, community entities and agencies
- Ensure fund distribution is well implemented, evaluated and monitored
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders, including residents, community members, other funders and partners, and community agencies
- Participate and assist in community problem solving and collaboration initiatives as required
- Work with the Senior Management Team in the Community Impact department on objective setting, team work planning, budget planning and change management associated with UWTYR's strategic plan (vision, mission, values and strategic priorities)
- Ensure risk management and due diligence policies and processes are implemented
- Provide support to the Community Impact Committee of the UWTYR Board as required
- Support the Senior Vice President, Community Impact, in related initiatives and projects
- Participate in cross-organizational activities that build both the organization and the department
The successful candidate will have the following:
- More than 5 years experience in strategic program planning, implementation and evaluation and community development
- Strong working knowledge and expertise in the non-profit sector and strong understanding of the human services sector in Toronto and related social issues
- Deep understanding of the issues affecting neighbourhoods and residents in the city of Toronto and York Region
- Experience in program and partnership development
- Experience leading, motivating, and managing staff and volunteers
- Proven process/project management skills
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to conduct research and use independent judgement to problem solve
- Ability to coordinate complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage sensitive issues with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Proven organizational abilities and capacity to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume no later than Friday, March 18th, 2016 at 5:00 pm EST to C8145 at uwgt.org and please indicate where you saw the job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UWTYR offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If you are contacted by UWTYR regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
About United Way Toronto & York Region
United Way Toronto & York Region is a charity dedicated to creating opportunities for a better life for everyone from the waterfront of downtown Toronto, to the southern shore of Lake Simcoe. Working in partnership with others, we mobilize people and resources to support a network of agencies that help people when they need it most. United Way also addresses the root causes of social problems, working to change community conditions for the better over the long term.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At United Way Toronto & York Region, we’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace with deep roots in the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes further than promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and ideas we create opportunities for innovative solutions — and better results that maximize the impact of our work.
For more information: C8145 at uwgt.org
SOURCE: Centre for Social Innovation