Food Secure Canada (FSC) is a pan-Canadian alliance of organizations and individuals working together to advance food security and food sovereignty. We are committed to three interlocking goals: zero hunger; sustainable food systems; and healthy and safe food for all. Our growing network is looking for a dynamic, experienced, bilingual, enthusiastic fundraiser who can help us find the resources to attain our ambitious goals.
The Partnership and fundraising coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director of Food Secure Canada and in collaboration with all FSC staff. This person will be charged with developing and deepening partnerships with members, supporters and funders of Food Secure Canada in order to generate more resources to work on Food Secure Canada’s mission to build the food movement and generate food policy change at the national level.
Fundraising, project and partnership development and management:
- Generate revenue for Food Secure Canada, in collaboration with other staff, through the timely submission of well-researched and well-written grant/fundraising proposals to foundations, government agencies and other granting organizations;
- Work with the Executive Director (ED) to plan, execute, monitor and adjust our fundraising strategy on a yearly basis with quarterly progress reports;
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with contacts and programs officers from a variety of funding programs;
- Persuasively communicate our mission to potential funders through the creation of letters, proposals, budgets, presentations and reports;
- Prioritize funding opportunities to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals;
- Research new funding opportunities that align with FSC’s short-term and long-term funding needs;
- Oversee the development and execution of all event sponsorship, online fundraising opportunities and donation drives;
- Ensure that a regular flow of communications with donors is maintained and work to cultivate a structured and committed community of financial supporters for FSC;
- Support the ED to ensure alignment between annual budget development and fundraising prospects and obligations;
- Support the development of long-term strategies for financial sustainability;
- Create and maintain an efficient fundraising infrastructure, including a database of funders and donors, a calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports, and a funder tracker sheet, to facilitate smooth collaboration between the ED, administration and fundraising staff;
- Work with the ED to ensure the implementation (and refinement as necessary) of the FSC corporate sponsorship guidelines;
- Work with ED to ensure that evaluation is serving our fundraising needs.
- Bilingual, with strong writing skills in either English or French and proficiency in the other language;
- University degree in related field;
- Track record in fund development, project management and development and working with a variety of granting agencies;
- Experience with online fundraising campaigns and familiarity with online fundraising platforms;
- Background in food, social justice, environmental or health issues;
- Experience in non-profit sector;
- Skilled in communications and outstanding team work skills;
- Highly organized and able to juggle many different priorities.
This position is based in Montreal. Other locations will be considered only for exceptional candidates who are willing to come to Montreal on a regular basis.
This is a full-time position with a 3-month probationary period. Salary is commensurate with experience and within the range generally acceptable in the non-profit sector.
Please send a cover letter and CV to jobs at foodsecurecanada.org
Deadline for application: March 31, 2016 (5pm ET).
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are an equal opportunity employer and candidates from traditionally disadvantaged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
SOURCE: Food Secure Canada