Food Matters Manitoba is seeking a Communications Intern for an internship from November 1, 2016 to February 28th, 2017. The Communications Intern will work to maintain and develop communications materials including the FMM website, e-newsletter, annual report, and social media content.
This Communications Internship is offered as part of Food Matters Manitoba’s Good Food Internship Program and is funded by Employment and Social Development Canada.
Internships pay $16 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay) for 37.5 hours per week.
- Develop communications materials resources for Food Matters Manitoba
- Contribute to and curate Food Matters Manitoba’s e-newsletter
- Assist in writing and editing the Northern Sun newsletter for northern Manitoba
- Assist in designing, writing, and disseminating the Food Matters Manitoba annual gratitude report
- Assist in managing Food Matters Manitoba’s social media content
- Develop stories for Food Matters Manitoba’s story bank in partnership with program staff
- Update the Food Matters Manitoba website and contact databases
- Monitor local media and track media hits
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven web and social networking capabilities
- Knowledge of new media
- Experience and/or training in Communications, Rhetoric, Public Relations, Graphic Design or other applicable fields
- Knowledge of, and interest in, food security is considered an asset
- Basic layout and design skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organisation skills with proven attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working with the public
- Able to exercise independent judgement
- High level of computer knowledge, including MS Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- A working knowledge of contact and databases, including Constant Contact and Sumac is considered an asset
- Web development and coding experience is considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle would be an asset.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) as of November 1, 2016
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee status has been conferred
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Not receiving Employment Insurance benefits
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted. Resumes and cover letters should be sent to info at foodmattersmanitoba.ca (subject line: Communications Intern). Applications are due by October 20, 2016.
Please visit www.foodmattersmanitoba.ca to learn about other Good Food Internship opportunities.
As a registered charity, Food Matters Manitoba believes in good food for everyone. Join us!
SOURCE: Food Matters Manitoba