Just Food is a grassroots, non-profit organization that includes staff, volunteers, community partners, members and funders. Just Food engages in food policy conversations at many levels. Just Food is a member of Food Secure Canada and Sustain Ontario. They also provide strategic and logistical support to the Ottawa Food Policy Council.
Just Food is ideally looking for someone who is seeking to be an administrative assistant for several years — could be second-careerist, retired, someone seeking a part-time position while doing other household or business work. While the position may include occasional program work, the vast majority of the responsibilities of this position involve administrative support of the broader team, and candidates must reflect this primary interest in their application.
The position requires flexibility regarding working locations. The Just Food Farm will be the primary site during the growing season, and employees will work from home until a year-round office is created at the farm—with the expectation that the position would be housed at Just Food Farm year-round from that point.
Overseeing organizational administration and communications, including but not limited to:
- Membership paperwork within all of our programs
- Maintaining social media channels for all programs (Facebook, twitter)
- Creating web-based and print promotional materials/formatting documents and resources
- Keep financial and contract files
- Manage Invoicing/Bill payments/Up-to-date contracts
- Maintain Wordpress websites
- Maintain Buy Local/Grow Local Food Guide
- Manage monthly e-newsletters
- Setting up logistics for workshops
- Support team members by setting up and maintaining administrative systems
- Assist with report-writing
Must have the following skills and qualifications, in addition to
- Ability to embrace administrivia and love it!
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets
- Experience in social media
- Ability to create/update web content on Wordpress sites
- Graphic design ability - to create posters/digital invites, format resources, etc.
Level 1 asset:
- Basic understanding of Quickbooks
- Ability to speak French conversationally
Level 2 asset:
- Experience using Nationbuilder or similar contact management database
- Ability to write in French professionally
Compensation: 28 hrs/week x $18/hr @ $32,760 FTE = $26,208
Breakdown: 5 days/week X 5 hrs/day + 3 additional hours
Location: 2389 Pepin Court, Blackburn Hamlet, Ottawa (Just Food Farm)
*Working from your home is also required for both positions while new offices are constructed.
*There is a strong preference for people who are interested in these positions over several years.
Specific requirements are listed below
- General requirements for both positions include:
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-use office environment
- Ability to effectively use email, Google Drive, social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Comfortable and confident in speaking with members of the public and stakeholders in English (by phone, in-person and by email). French (and other languages) considered a strong asset
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance taking initiative with strong team communication skills
TO APPLY - All of the following must be met:
- Please send your resumé and cover letter within one attached document to
- by 12pm noon on Tuesday, October 25, 2016.
- Your email must have the subject line “Application Oct 2016 - Your Name” for it to be considered.
- Contact information for 3 references must be provided within your resumé.
- Please clearly indicate which job(s) you would like to be considered for.
- Please relate your personal skills/experience to what we’re looking for below
- Interviews will be scheduled for Saturday, October 29, 2016 - so please indicate that you can make this day for an interview (can be by Skype).
All those who apply will be contacted by email to let you know if you were selected or not for an interview.
SOURCE: Just Food