Just Food is a grassroots, non-profit organization that includes staff, volunteers, community partners, members and funders. Just Food engages in food policy conversations at many levels. Just Food is a member of Food Secure Canada and Sustain Ontario. They also provide strategic and logistical support to the Ottawa Food Policy Council.
The Community Economic Developer Coordinator position is a city-wide, region-wide position, that requires access to a vehicle part-time for rural work, and working from home. Being a development position, responsibilities will change over the years.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the Savour Ottawa initiative: marketing and promotions, event coordination, outreach and communications
- Coordinate Ottawa 2017 Agri-150 Rural Tourism events
- Conduct tourism-readiness assessments with rural businesses in the region
- Support existing and future Just Food social enterprises (Community Food Hub, OttawaKitchen.ca, etc.)
- Write funding proposals and reports as required.
Must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Keen interest in, commitment to, and some knowledge of both local agriculture sector and community economic development
- Strong event planning experience
- Experience in community-based initiatives
- Experience in outreach, marketing and promotions within community setting
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Ability to work with volunteers
- Strategic thinking and ability to think on one’s feet
Level 1 Asset:
- Experience with proposal-writing
- Ability to speak French conversationally
Compensation: 28 hrs/week x $23.55/hr @ $42,860 FTE = $34,289
Location: 2389 Pepin Court, Blackburn Hamlet, Ottawa (Just Food Farm)
*Working from your home is also required for both positions while new offices are constructed.
*There is a strong preference for people who are interested in these positions over several years.
General requirements include:
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-use office environment
- Ability to effectively use email, Google Drive, social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Comfortable and confident in speaking with members of the public and stakeholders in English (by phone, in-person and by email). French (and other languages) considered a strong asset
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance taking initiative with strong team communication skills
TO APPLY – All of the following must be met:
- Please send your resumé and cover letter within one attached document to moe at justfood.ca by 12pm noon on Tuesday, October 25, 2016.
- Your email must have the subject line "Application Oct 2016 – Your Name" for it to be considered.
- Contact information for 3 references must be provided within your resumé.
- Please clearly indicate which job(s) you would like to be considered for.
- Please relate your personal skills/experience to what we’re looking for below
- Interviews will be scheduled for Saturday, October 29, 2016 – so please indicate that you can make this day for an interview (can be by Skype).
All those who apply will be contacted by email to let you know if you were selected or not for an interview.
SOURCE: Just Food