This is a 6 month placement in Peru that starts in Nov-Jan (flexible, ongoing)
Spanish/French fluency required
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The volunteer's role
Our partner, the Takiwasi Laboratory, has been producing and marketing natural health and personal care products for almost 9 years, progressively developing a business unit within their non-governmental organization. The Takiwasi Laboratory is initiating a process to formally become an independent social enterprise of the Takiwasi Association. In addition, after several years of specializing in the phyto-pharmaceutical industry, the laboratory is now transitioning into the dietary supplements sector by introducing new products into the market that are already developed in a pilot scale, and others that are still in final stages of development.
Cuso International is looking for a volunteer like you to identify target customers in Lima and other key regions of Peru, ascertain the needs and desires of these customers and enhance the communications and marketing strategies to increase the medicinal plants sales of the indigenous communities in Peru.
This position will be based in Lima and will work in close coordination with Takiwasi´s Commercial Representative. The analysis and knowledge of consumer behavior and their needs is a key element and initial starting point to effectively implement communications and marketing strategies by Takiwasi.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Analyse consumer behaviour in relation to medicial plant sales.
- Identify market opportunities for the sales of Takiwasi's products.
- Propose marketing and communication strategies to attract and retain selected consumers based on Takiwasi´s product differentiation elements (biocommerce, recuperation and valorization of traditional knowledge, etc.)
- Draft report with market research findings and recommendations
Essential Academic Qualifications
- University degree in Business and Administration, Market Research, Social Enterprise Development, Economics, or related field of study
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- 3-5 years professional experience undertaking market research projects
- Experience using Market Research Methodologies
Cuso International covers the majority of the cost of being an overseas volunteer, including:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation