Common Good Solutions Inc. supports the growth and success of community based social enterprise in Canada. What does that mean? It means we're here to help non-profit managers, small business owners and cooperatives to name, achieve and measure the social, cultural, environmental and economic impact they make in their communities. We do this by providing training, resources, services and consulting assistance to help them achieve those goals. We are skilled professionals, with decades of enterprise development experience working with hundreds of small businesses, nonprofits and community groups from coast to coast to coast. CGS is a growing firm, with two founding partners, an expanding team of young professionals and a group of associate consultants. For additional details, please go to www.commongoodsolutions.ca
Where smart business and social impact meet
We are seeking a personable, knowledgeable communicator to work with social enterprises and social entrepreneurs in northern Nova Scotia. The successful applicant will play a vital role in the delivery of front end and first contact training, consulting and other community development products and services. The role will also include monitoring and evaluating the success of projects, and adjusting or improving on technique and process to ensure better outcomes of future projects. This role involves regular travel.
- Delivers social impact, business model canvas, gap analysis, project planning sessions as part of the impact incubator team
- Delivers youth-centric facilitation and engagement work
- Responsible for working within project plan budgets and time constraints
- Responsible for achieving deliverables by assigned times and to desired quality
- Works with senior staff to deliver standardized products/ services
- Experienced with different facilitation styles including world café, etc.
- Works as part of the development team to provide appropriate and timely tools to individuals and organizations looking for help to create social impact in their communities through enterprise
- Helps individuals and organizations move through the business creation and growth continuum by providing support using a client focused development model
- Supports clients to develop timelines and activity plans to grow their organization’s enterprise activities and social impact
- Project manages to ensure milestones are met or plans adjusted as necessary, in consultation with client, while tightly controlling time use and scope creep of project
- Uses facilitation to motivate and support participants to apply learning from facilitated sessions in their organizations
- Communicates the CGS brand accurately, positively and inspirationally
This is an opportunity to contribute to the growth of a small firm and work on the leading edge of the emerging field of social enterprise. This person will report to senior staff.
We are seeking a unique individual who ideally possess:
- 3+ years’ experience in community action or facilitation
- Business planning and feasibility study experience, preferably with related post-secondary education
- Passionate about community development and social enterprise
- Facilitation and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills
- Anxious to make a difference
- Self starter
- Understanding of the importance of life-long learning
- Bi-lingual ability in French and English considered an asset
- Non-profit background, youth engagement and leadership experience considered assets
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle
Office Location and Lifestyle
Applicants should be prepared to live and work in Cape Breton. Hours of work are 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work and travel required. Common Good Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full-time position, with an annual compensation agreement subject to renewal. Compensation includes a salary of $40,000 with $2500 in annual professional development support, and co-paid group plan benefits. Compensation also includes 3 weeks of vacation, a car allowance and mileage.
SOURCE: Common Good Solutions