As part of the team at Winnipeg Harvest and working in support of and within the agency’s mission, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, the goal of this position is to provide food assistance and community support for those who struggle to feed themselves and their families. This position reports to Director of Client Services and Community Engagement
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and manage Team (paid and unpaid) including training, work schedules, timely performance reviews and all required HR forms (ensuring flex time, vacation time, sick day requests, etc. are current)
- Provide overall supervision for food bank room and call centre, with the assistance of the Client Services Associates
- Ensure cyclical responsibilities associated with Client Services are met, including providing monthly reports and statistical information upon request
- Maintain and administer client services database
- Maintain and periodically review client services policies and procedures for relevance
- Address behavioral issues and personal conflicts with Team Members and/or Clients as necessary
- Ensure health and safety policy and procedures are followed
- Regularly participate in client intake
- Ensure clients who phone, email or walk-in are referred to appropriate outlets for food assistance and/or community resources
- Maintain community relationships with external organizations with support of other team members
- Attendance at events representing Winnipeg Harvest as required
- Work closely with other departments, especially Agencies department
- Mentorship and support of volunteers, staff and interns
- All other duties as assigned
- A strong belief in the dignity of all humans and a caring and positive attitude
- Ability to work as a team member in a variety of situations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills, including administrative attributes
- Previous experience engaging with persons who experiencing hunger and poverty
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Familiarity with hunger and poverty issues
- Ability to adapt to changing needs, including both internal and external environments
- Experience with computer systems and software. IT experience is required.
- Knowledge of resources available relating to poverty and hunger issues
- Post-secondary education and additional language(s) are assets
- Willingness to participate organizational training (i.e.: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training and Customer Service Training)
- Provide a recent Criminal Background Check
- Commitment to the organization’s vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all
40 hour work week – May include some evenings and weekends as required, including rotating Saturday schedule.
Winnipeg Harvest is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit résume and cover letter by 4pm Friday, November 4th to:
Director of Client Services and Community Relations, Winnipeg Harvest
1085 Winnipeg Ave.
Winnipeg MB R3E 0S2
Email: janelle.duerksen at winnipegharvest.org
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
SOURCE: Winnipeg Harvest