As part of the team at Winnipeg Harvest and working in support of and within the agency's mission, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, the goal of the Client Services Associate position is to ensure that people who require emergency food assistance in order to feed themselves and their families, are able to access a consistent, adequate, safe and nutritious, supply of surplus food, by assisting with the supervision of the client referral service including client interviews, needs assessments, agency contacts and the Referral database.
Working in cooperation and consultation with the Client Services Manager and the Client Services Team Members, and members of the Winnipeg Harvest Team, the Client Services Associate is responsible for:
- Clients who phone, email or walk-in are referred to appropriate outlets for food assistance and/or community resources.
- Walk-in clients receive service based upon our guidelines, their needs and availability.
- Client records and providing assistance to the Call Centre Operators.
- Referral and resource manuals.
- Regular communication with Winnipeg Harvest Agency department.
- The resource area to ensure current and relevant information is available for clients in the waiting room.
- The Client Services Database.
Assisting with the:
- Training of the Call Centre Team Members, including orientating and updating materials associated with the Call Center as needed.
- Maintenance of the Client Services guidelines and policy resources.
- Training and supervision of Food Bank Room Team Members.
- Ensuring Food Distribution Agency calendars are updated annually (or as needed).
- Up-to-date referral data for public education/statistical purposes.
- Mentorship of volunteers, staff and interns as required.
- With assistance in all other duties as assigned.
- A strong belief in the dignity of all humans and a caring and positive attitude.
- Ability to work as a team member and in a variety of situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral and communications skills.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Experience working in a Call Center an asset.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Familiarity with hunger and poverty issues.
- Experience with computer systems and software an asset
- Knowledge of food bank agencies and their day-to-day operations an asset.
- Experience dealing with people who are in crisis.
- Knowledge of resources available relating to poverty and hunger issues.
- Commitment to the organization’s vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all.
Hours of work: Part-time, 20 hour work week with possibility of additional hours as needed, must be able to work on Saturday's. On occasion after regular work or additional weekend hours may be required.
Please submit résume and cover letter by 4pm Wednesday, November 9th to:
Director of Client Services and Community Relations
1085 Winnipeg Ave.
Winnipeg MB, R3E 0S2
Or by email: janelle.duerksen at winnipegharvest.org
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
SOURCE: Winnipeg Harvest