Aki Energy Inc. is a First Nations Social Enterprise that works with First Nations to develop and build renewable energy projects, offer community energy planning and design services. We are a growing non-profit looking for a dynamic, flexible and team oriented business manager interested in expanding Aki Energy with us.
The business manager will oversee day-to-day operations at Aki Energy Inc., coordinating the work of all departments and ensuring the business operates is a sustainable fashion and meets our financial targets.
- Develop and implement budgets on an organizational and project level
- Work with the bookkeeper to monitor budgets and cashflow
- Manage department leads and project teams to ensure targets are met.
- Project management
- Manage subcontractors as required
- Prepare project reports for senior management
- Hire staff and perform performance evaluations
- Participate in strategic planning and decision making
- Develop and implement organizational processes and procedures
Aki Energy is a growing non-profit in a period of expansion. We are looking for the right candidate who can grow with us, and who can develop and implement the necessary organizational processes and procedures to manage expansion without sacrificing quality of work.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working with First Nations communities
- Have experience working with social enterprise/social purpose businesses
- Proven experience in a business management or relevant role
- Proven experience in project management
- Excellent organizational skills
- BA in Business Management, although those with equivalent or greater workplace experience are encouraged to apply.
- Be flexible and able to work in a self directed workplace environment.
Aboriginal candidates and those with experience working in First Nations contexts are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary to be determined and is commensurate with experience.
SOURCE: Aki Energy
Posting closes Friday, December 2, 2016
Please email resumes to workforce @ mgrinc.ca, and include Aki Energy Business Manager in the subject line.