Job Number: 2016-130
Location: 200 Main Street
Job Type: Full Time
Professional Areas: Marketing and Communication
Salary Range: Grade 10
Using finance for good is at the heart of how the Assiniboine Credit Union does business and is demonstrated through our focus on the triple bottom line of people, planet and prosperity. If doing things differently and doing more is part of who you are, join us on a rewarding journey where your personal aspirations and career goals can align.
Our culture is one that is supportive of the individual while at the same time focused on the greater community. You will be motivated by shared values and encouraged to always think about how, through financial sustainability, we can do more for our members, our employees and our community. You will not only be accountable for what you do you will be rewarded for your accomplishments.
Whether your role in our business is working directly with members, improving our processes or promoting Assiniboine Credit Union, your work will be impactful. Your work will contribute to building an organization focused on service, teamwork, diversity, integrity and social and environmental responsibility. The same inspired and passionate people who choose to bank here are the people who choose to work here.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Writer contributes to the planning, development and delivery of effective and brand-consistent communication to ACU stakeholders.
- Creates and coordinates internal and external communications that ensure consistency of messaging across all delivery channels and communication vehicles, including: websites, blog, social media, e-newsletter, brochures, employee and member correspondence, presentations, reports, public relations responses, media releases and backgrounders, speeches, signage, displays and special events.
- Plans, develops, writes and delivers communications that are timely, accurate, reflective of ACU's brand; adapted appropriately for the delivery channel; and supportive of the business units and their success.
- Provides professional communication expertise and coordination to all areas of the business.
- Collaborates to prepare content for successful use of social media as a two-way engagement tool. Responds to social media posts in a positive and timely manner. Develops ACU's social media voice.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships that contribute to ACU's business requirements. This includes relationships with all levels of internal clients and external clients (members, community partners, the public, vendors/suppliers, ad agency, media, etc).
- Acts as an ambassador for the department and contributes to the ACU culture by being visible in the organization and building supportive, professional relationships with colleagues.
- Represents ACU at various functions as the public relations representative.
- Provides value-added support to business requests in order to determine appropriate communication solutions
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Sources and analyzes key information to produce high-quality internal and external communications, and deliver consistently across all channels.
- Maintains a deep understanding of ACU's mission, vision, values and brand, and creates effective communications that support ACU’s mission, vision, values and brand that contributes to the success of ACU.
- Prioritizes and delegates tasks by providing content coaching to other individuals.
- Adheres to ACU’s Code of Ethics, Privacy and Compliance guidelines.
- Provides technical communications expertise, to all business units, including editorial support
- Effectively utilizes self-management principles and techniques
- Understands, respects, supports and promotes ACU's commitment to Values-Based Banking and triple bottom line accountability
Education and Experience
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired with a bachelor's degree plus a minimum of six years of experience; or a combination of education and professional/technical communication experience. Extensive writing experience is required. Experience in photography is an asset. A written portfolio will be required.
Key Occupational Skills
- Strong and diverse communication skills (oral and written)
- Professional writing and editing skills in a wide variety of media
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- An understanding of and commitment to ACU's Values-Based Banking mission
- Collaborative team player
- Applied creativity and brand management
- Interviewing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Proactive and critical thinking capabilities
We are committed to workforce diversity and actively recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives reflecting the community in which we live and work.
In addition to a resume and cover letter, one sample of written work is required to be included with your application.
Vacancy will be posted until filled.