The Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities (MLPD) is inviting applications for the Accessibility Program Manager position.
About the MLPD Accessibility Consulting Services Pilot Program
- MLPD is a seasoned, cross-disabilities organization that promotes equal access to opportunities.
- The MLPD Accessibility Consulting Services Pilot Program will help organizations develop and implement their accessibility plans and policies as required by the new regulation: Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA).
- This program has a social enterprise approach including fee-for-service activities in support of promoting accessibility for persons living with disabilities and generating revenue for MLPD.
Reporting to the MLPD Provincial Coordinator, the Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the MLPD Accessibility Consulting Services Program, including the following:
- Develop accessibility plans with clients
- Facilitate and act as a resource to the MLPD Community Advisory Committee (MCAC)
- Facilitate on-site testing and schedule/coordinate testers
- Plan and manage public forums and/or workshops on accessibility and the requirements as per the AMA
- Prepare reports to funders
- Market the Program resources and services and source potential clients
- As this is a new program she/he will work in collaboration with our Program Coach to develop program resources and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge or expertise in the area of Accessibility
- Demonstrated program management experience
- Excellent planning and organization skills including process improvement, information analysis, and program evaluation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed, but work as part of the MLPD team
Good to haves:
- Lived experience facing barriers
- Experience advising organizations about Accessibility and barrier removal
- Experience working in the charity sector with a volunteer board structure
- Understanding of the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA), Manitoba Human Rights Code, or history of the disability rights movement in Manitoba
HOURS AND SALARY
MLPD office hours: Monday thru Thursday, 9 am – 5 pm
This is a one year, full-time, term position (January 2, 2017 - December 31, 2017) which may be renewed dependent on funding. Some off-site, evening and weekend work should be expected.
Salary range is $33,000 - $36,000 per year.
Application deadline is December 16, 2016.
To apply, send a copy of your resume and custom cover letter by email or snail mail to:
contact at mlpd.mb.ca or
909-294 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C0B9
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- MLPD is an equal opportunity workplace
- Accommodations will be made as needed