The Canadian CED Network is inviting applications for the position of S4ES Evaluation Manager
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, national association committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Aboriginal and northern settings. CCEDNet engages a broad and inclusive range of community interests in common efforts to influence policy, create stronger and fairer local economies, tackle poverty and homelessness, and invest in sustainable communities. Our national administrative office is in Québec, and CCEDNet staff are located in Ontario and Manitoba. For more information on the Network please visit our website: ccednet-rcdec.ca
THE S4ES PROGRAM
The Social Enterprise Ecosystem project (S4ES) is a groundbreaking partnership between the Canadian Community Economic Development Network, the Chantier de l'économie sociale, Buy Social Canada, Social Enterprise Institute and Social Value Lab that seeks to establish a more coherent ecosystem in collaboration with the many other social enterprise developers throughout Canada.
With support from Employment and Social Development Canada, the J.W. McConnell Family Foundation, the Mental Health Commission of Canada and others, over three years, S4ES will take an integrated approach to developing business skills, markets, finance and impact practice, to scale up accessible, self-sustaining platforms for social enterprise skills development and market access that will form the pillars of a social enterprise development ecosystem.
Reporting to the S4ES Program Director and working closely with Social Value Lab, the duties of the S4ES Evaluation Manager are:
- Co-ordination of Canadian and international evaluation contractors
- Contributing to the S4ES program evaluation design
- Liaising with program partners to gather and analyse routine performance data
- Tracking funding leveraged through the program
- Contributing to primary evaluation research (surveys, interviews, focus, groups, etc.) to fill gaps in knowledge
- Planning and production/execution of bilingual knowledge mobilization and training activities and evaluation materials, including animation of relevant online communities of practice and the organization of in-person events
- Contributing to quarterly, annual and final project reports as required
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation, preferably in non-profit and public sector contexts.
- Post-secondary college, university degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Organized, detail-oriented, independent, professional, and able to work in a flexible environment on a project with firm deadlines
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Experience in social impact measurement, social enterprise, the social economy or community economic development an asset
Location: The tentative location for three-person project team is Ottawa/Gatineau, however exceptional candidates with a proven track record for telework and willingness to travel will be considered.
Compensation: This is full-time position from April 2017 to November 2019, with possibility of extension. Salary is $67k - $73k depending on qualifications and experience, plus extended health and dental benefits, competitive leave entitlements and professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and a cover letter by March 19, 2017 to info at ccednet-rcdec.ca with ‘S4ES Evaluation Manager’ in the subject line.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. CCEDNet is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds to self-identify.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.