Food Matters Manitoba is seeking a permanent full time Evaluation
Coordinator to support our policy, programs, and storytelling.
Starting April 2017
Work week: 37.5 hours
Starting salary: $35,100 - $39,000 ($18 - $20 / hour)
The Evaluation Coordinator, under the supervision of the Policy Manager, will:
- Support and encourage evaluation efforts throughout the organization.
- Build a comprehensive evaluation plan for Food Matters Manitoba in concert with the policy and program leaders.
- Develop tools to effectively evaluate policy and program outputs, outcomes and impacts.
- Engage, train, and support Food Matters Manitoba personnel and community partners in evaluation techniques.
- Facilitate participatory workshops and community-based research with personnel and program informants.
- Conduct critical, systematic and rigorous analysis of evaluation data and available evidence to inform policy and program decisions.
- Write and compile evaluation reports for Food Matters Manitoba, partners, stakeholders, and broader public.
- Develop stories from evaluation results to support fundraising and communications.
- Assist staff with reporting requirements to funders.
- Explore the potential of social return on investment in program evaluation.
- Troubleshoot evaluation challenges with program personnel and community partners.
- Conduct other relevant tasks, as determined by the Policy Manager or Executive Director.
- Post-secondary education.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in program evaluation or related research.
- Experience working with northern and Indigenous communities.
- High level of organization with proven attention to detail.
- Ability to self-motivate and work as a team player.
- Ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Professional background in food security and/or community development
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Send your resume and cover letter to info @ foodmattersmanitoba.ca (subject line: Evaluation Coordinator). Applications are due by 4:30pm on March 3, 2017.
Food Matters Manitoba strives to be a safe and accessible workplace that celebrates diversity and represents the community that we live and work in. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, newcomers, people of colour, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities. At this time, our offices are accessible by stairs only.
As a registered charity, Food Matters Manitoba believes in good food for everyone. Join us!