Food Matters Manitoba is seeking a permanent full time Program Coordinator beginning March 2017. The Program Coordinator will work to develop and implement food skills programming throughout Manitoba and Saskatchewan and to support the evaluation of food skills program activities.
Work Week: 37.5 hours
Starting salary: $35,100 - $39,000 ($18 - $20 / hour)
The Program Coordinator, under the Program Manager, will:
- Prepare and implement food skills programming, ensuring programming is relevant to community needs and of a high quality.
- Mentor and train staff and community members to facilitate food skills programs.
- Liaise with partners to coordinate the purchase of equipment and other resources, facilitate participation in Food Matters Manitoba events, and evaluation.
- Support the development and implementation of evaluation activities.
- Develop and disseminate materials that document best practices related to community food activities.
- Nurture strong relationships with project partners and other key stakeholders to enhance program implementation.
- Participate in the development of the program work plan.
- Participate and contribute to knowledge exchange activities.
- Identify opportunities for funding and write funding proposals
- Support the work of the Development and Communications department by sharing program, providing notification of potential media or donor opportunities, and providing opportunities for Development and Communications staff to engage with the food skills programming.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with other staff and programs at Food Matters Manitoba.
- Participate in relevant staff working groups
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Maintain files and records in accordance with Food Matters Manitoba policy.
- Assist with other projects and tasks as requested.
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in program development and coordination
- Pass a criminal record check and child abuse registry check
- Experience facilitating workshops and training
- Experience working with youth and Indigenous and newcomer communities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and a strong team player
- A valid driver’s license
The position is based in Winnipeg with occasional travel to project sites in northern Manitoba,rural Manitoba, and Saskatchewan. During this travel, long hours are often required. Overtime is approved if it is required during this travel.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Those interested in applying for this position are invited to forward their resume and cover letter by email to info @ foodmattersmanitoba.ca (Subject Line: Program Coordinator) by 11:59PM on March 5, 2017.
Food Matters Manitoba strives to be a safe and accessible workplace that celebrates diversity
and represents the community that we live and work in. We encourage individuals from
traditionally socially excluded groups to apply for the position.