Volunteer Manitoba is looking for an Executive Director to join our team in a one-year term position.
As Executive Director, you will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of Volunteer Manitoba, according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will also:
- Responsible for the overall delivery of the strategic direction and mission of Volunteer Manitoba
- Ensure expectations of clients, funders and board are met.
- Develop policy, programming and procedural initiatives
- Develop diverse partnerships and collaborations with key contacts of not-for-profit organizations
- Represent the organization at community activities; maintain community presence and leadership by sitting on relevant Boards and committees
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials.
- Prepare annual budget, approve expenditures and monitor monthly cash flow.
- Determine staffing requirements as needed for organizational management and program delivery.
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and mentor staff.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization; communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to achieve strategic goals.
In accordance with Volunteer Manitoba’s mission and vision, the Executive Director will follow the policies and procedures set out for this department, as well as the organization as a whole.
- University degree
- 3 - 5 years of senior management experience in a not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated commitment to community leadership through volunteer involvement on other boards or committees
- Strong strategic thinking, planning and financial management skills
- Successful facilitator in problem-solving and change management; adeptness in clarifying roles, responsibilities, and organizational structure
- Experience building, developing, and enhancing collaborative, inclusive relationships with a wide range of corporate, not-for-profit, and government organizations and people at all levels – proven ability to build/use relationship networks
- Effective communicator; ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creative and innovative; ability to develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resumé for confidential consideration to the attention of:
Noreen Mian, Executive Director
noreen.mian at volunteermanitoba.ca
Closing Deadline: July 31, 2017 (4:00pm)
While Volunteer Manitoba would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please