Passionate About Making a Difference?
Launched in 2000, The Jubilee Fund Inc. provides loans and loan guarantees to not-for-profit organizations, and business, (co-operatives and social enterprises) to initiate or complete community-based projects that reduce poverty, financial exclusion and have a positive social impact in Manitoba. Inspired by the Hebrew Scriptures that call for the periodic redistribution of wealth and debt cancellation, the Jubilee Fund is a Canadian registered, non-profit charity that raises money in the community through investment certificates, Foundations, Corporations, memberships, government grants and interest earnings from Jubilee Investment Certificates. Jubilee Fund Inc. lends money to businesses, organizations, and individuals that are unable to get traditional financing for projects that have a positive impact on in the community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Manager will be an experienced and highly motivated fundraiser who is passionate about perpetuating the organization’s mission and values by working closely with the Executive Director and various Board Committees to plan, coordinate and implement donor programs, access operational grants for the Jubilee Fund, and for the sale of Jubilee Investment Certificates.
Fund Development Manager
- Lead fund development planning, processes, and activities, including goal setting, annual and planned giving, individual and corporate gifts, major gifts, sponsorships, grant applications, data management and special events;
- Develop strong relationships with government departments, foundations, corporate community, donors, and investors as well as colleagues and volunteers to cultivate active engagement in fund development activities;
- Coordinate and implement donor program to advance and strengthen activities for donor cultivation and stewardship;
- Ensure creative and effective marketing and multi-media communications strategies including such things as social media, Website, brochures, newsletters and visual presentations to support fundraising initiatives; and
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers to participate in fundraising activities.
- Related University or College degree preferred; various pertinent combinations of education and experience will be considered;
- Minimum of 5 years of successful fund development experience within a related environment with demonstrated success in soliciting gifts in excess of $10,000.00;
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is an asset;
- Professional fundraising designation (CFRE) is highly desired;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience designing and managing successful fundraising and direct marketing campaigns;
- Exceptional written, oral, creative, presentation and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively gain the respect and support of various stakeholders, including colleagues, donors and community members; and
- Must have a valid class 4 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, email resumes in full confidence attention Derek at jubileefund at shaw.ca. Please include a cover letter with salary expectations.