The Canadian CED Network is seeking a Resource Coordinator in our Winnipeg office. The Resource Coordinator will support operations for a variety of programs including the Manitoba Gathering, the annual Policy Summit, and Social Enterprise Manitoba activities. This person will ensure venues, catering, volunteers, and other logistical details are organized and confirmed, and will also support administrative or communications duties as needed. The Gathering is an annual event where Manitoba’s community builders connect, learn, and celebrate. With over 500 attendees, about 30 volunteers, 30+ workshops, an opening plenary, and 10+ caterers, it is a rich day of networking and learning requiring a high level of logistical detail management and will be the priority until end of October. The Policy Summit is a Manitoba members-only event where the public policy mandate of CCEDNet Manitoba is debated and accepted. Other events include workshops, lunch and learns, multi-day seminars or training, and smaller conference type learning events. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about the CED sector in Manitoba while applying valuable coordination and administrative skills to a vibrant organization.
The Resource Coordinator reports to the Manitoba Regional Director but works closely in collaboration with other Manitoba staff team members. The position is 35 hours /week until March 31, 2018. Given the nature of event schedules, there will be some evening and weekend work. Any overtime is compensated with time off when operationally feasible.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, non-profit organization committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have several hundred members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Aboriginal and northern settings. The Manitoba regional network is strong and active, with a staff team focusing on strengthening members’ skills and knowledge to build capacity, growing and using our collective voice to engage with the public and our governments, and connecting community economic developers to each other and needed resources. www.ccednet-rcdec.ca
- Coordinate event logistics for The Gathering including: catering, venues, volunteers, registration and attendee services, day-of execution, follow up surveys, and final reporting.
- Coordinate event and administrative logistics for the Policy Summit including: venue booking, catering, attendance records, document preparation, and minute taking.
- Coordinate preparation of Policy Resolution member mailing after the Policy Summit.
- Other event logistics as directed including: venues, catering, volunteers, registration, and/or travel arrangements for CCEDNet Manitoba learning events, member events, or Social Enterprise Manitoba events.
- Other administrative duties as directed including: meeting note taking, meeting scheduling, document preparation, and assisting with funder report preparation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of and commitment to poverty reduction, community development, and community economic development principles
- Experience in any of the following fields is recommended: event planning and execution, project coordination, administration and/or volunteer management
- Strong organizational, administrative, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in a variety of mediums
- Comfort working in an open office within a collaborative team setting
- Familiarity with MS Office and G-Suite (Google Apps) is recommended
Hours and Pay
This is a contract position from August 2017 to March 2018. It is a full-time position at 35 hours / week with some flexibility on schedules. Salary range is $19.67 to $21.98 hourly, commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter by July 28, 2017 to sleesonklym (at) ccednet-rcdec.ca with “Resource Coordinator” in the subject line.
The Canadian CED Network is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply and self-identify in their application.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.