Santropol Roulant is hiring!
5-month maternity leave replacement
About Santropol Roulant
Santropol Roulant uses food as a vehicle to break social isolation between generations. Creatively and collaboratively, we strengthen and nourish our local community with our novel approaches to active community engagement, youth leadership, food security and social inclusion.
The Roulant's staff is young and dynamic with job descriptions and responsibilities that sometimes exceed their experience. As such, opportunities to learn and grow are key benefits of working at Santropol Roulant. Our working culture supports staff members in developing the skills required to ensure that our collective impact matches organizational and personal aspirations.
About the Position
Working with staff members across the organisation, the Communications Coordinator implements our communication strategy to creatively tell our stories to a diversity of audiences through print, online and other media. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to engage with all of the facets of our work in order to engage and inspire our community, amplify our voice and increase the impact of our work across all of our program areas.
- Create our bi-weekly electronic newsletter (distribution: 5,000 recipients)
- Manage Santropol Roulant's online communication platforms (website, Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter) and steward online communities
- In collaboration with other staff members, coordinate the development, design, and distribution of print communication and on site communication
Coherence in Communications
- Create written and visual content for online and print communications
- Review communications content created by other staff members to ensure its alignment with our overall communication style
- Receive media requests and provide support to colleagues and volunteers to enable them to engage confidently in media and public representation
- Work in collaboration with colleagues on program-specific communications projects
- As a member of the fundraising team, take a leadership role in creating materials for individual donor appeals, and other documents related to fundraising
- As a member of Santropol Roulant's staff team, participate in collective responsibilities such as staff meetings, hiring committees, event planning committees, and other collaborative projects.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills, interests and experiences:
- Passionate about the mission, values and approach of Santropol Roulant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Some experience stewarding online communities, managing pages and troubleshooting with platforms such as Facebook and Wordpress
- Experience creating written content, persuasive writing skills an asset
- Can take initiative and work independently
- Can balance long term and short term priorities while working in a vibrant community space where shared responsibilities for greeting community members may frequently interrupt our work.
- Comfort with Adobe suite, InDesign and/or other graphic design software
- Creative flair and/or graphic design skills
- Photo and/or video editing experience
- Experience with online fundraising campaigns
- Basic HTML editing experience
- French to English or English to French translation and/or editing experience
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as Google Analytics
- Driver's license and willingness to drive in Montreal
Contract Details :
This is a full-time (40 hours / week) maternity leave replacement contract of 5 months with a forecasted start date in early August 2017. The schedule is Tuesday-to-Saturday for half the contract (August, September, October), and Monday-to-Friday (November, December, January) for the other half. This is a salaried position at $15.67 per hour, in accordance with Santropol Roulant's Salary Policy.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community. People of colour, people from racialized communities, people with disabilities, twospirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in their cover letter. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible. This position in particular may be well suited for people with limited mobility depending on their circumstances. Please contact Stephanie if you have any questions about the accessibility of our work area or your participation in an interview process. For more information about how to apply for a job at Santropol Roulant, click here. For more about our hiring policies, click here.
To apply, please drop off or email your CV and cover letter adressed to the Communications Coordinator Hiring Committee at 111 Roy East or rh at santropolroulant.org by Monday, July 24th at 9am. Only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted. You can reach us at 514-284-9335 with any questions or clarifications.