Realize Strategies and the BC Co-op Association is seeking a Community Administrator
Realize Strategies and the BC Co-operative Association are seeking an experienced administrator to assist in the day-to-day operations of their busy co-located office in Vancouver.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career within expanding businesses as both organizations work with cutting edge, mission-driven organizations across the province. The successful candidate will be highly organized and demonstrate a strong sense of initiative. This candidate will be flexible to a changing work environment. The ideal candidate will also have a genuine interest in growing a mission-driven organization.
This position will report to the Manager of Planning & Operations at Realize Strategies. It will balance the operational and administrative needs of Realize Strategies and the BC Co-operative Association in their shared office, including the following duties:
- Assists with general administrative duties including calendar management and travel arrangements;
- Coordinates meeting preparation, including distributing of materials, confirming attendance, coordinating refreshments and taking minutes;
- Supports the financial manager with general bookkeeping tasks;
- Contributes to research projects including data collection, analysis, summary and presentations;
- Coordinates conferences and events;
- Liaises with suppliers for services such as phones and internet;
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other documentation, as required;
- Provides administrative support for the BCCA Youth Program; and
- Contributes, as part of the BCCA and Realize team, to a positive and professional workplace.
Overall Position Requirements:
- University degree, with demonstrated professional experience in a project manager or coordinator role;
- Demonstrated passion for social change and working for a mission-driven organization;
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and familiarity with software such as Sage and Quickbooks;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in cloud-based applications;
- Ability to be a self-starter in a changing environment;
- Strong written and spoken English skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- A general understanding and familiarity with the co-op and credit union sector is an asset.
This is a full-time permanent role with opportunity to grow responsibility and autonomy over time. The individual will work within a strong values-based organizational culture supporting various projects and initiatives. The position requires a high level of team collaboration while involving a significant amount of autonomy and flexibility.
For more information about the two organizations, please visit the websites for BCCA and Realize Strategies. For more information about this position, please see the Community Administrator job description.
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter which demonstrates how your prior experience fits the requirements for this role. Please also state your salary expectations. Applications should be submitted by July 22nd, 2017.
For more information about this role, please contact Bertine Stelzer or Rita Farkas at 604 718 8292.
Realize Strategies and BCCA strive for meaningful employment from all communities and for its teams to reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. First Nations, people of colour, and people across spectrums of gender, sexuality, age and abilities are encouraged to apply : http://realize.coop/opportunity/community-administrator-realize-strategi...