Santropol Roulant is hiring!
Part-Time Fundraising Administrator
About Santropol Roulant
Santropol Roulant uses food as a vehicle to break social isolation between generations. Creatively and collaboratively, we strengthen and nourish our local community with our novel approaches to active community engagement, youth leadership, food security and social inclusion.
The Roulant's staff is young and dynamic with job descriptions and responsibilities that sometimes exceed their experience. As such, opportunities to learn and grow are key benefits of working at Santropol Roulant. Our working culture supports staff members in developing the skills required to ensure that our collective impact matches organizational and personal aspirations.
About the Position
Santropol Roulant is looking for an organized and positive person to join our team as a part-time Fundraising Administrator. The candidate will contribute their energy toward building and sustaining strong connections with Santropol Roulant’s donors. They will gain fundraising experience in the context of a community organization, and become familiar with a diverse funding base.
Supported by the fundraising team, the Fundraising Administrator will participate in the activities of the Fundraising program, particularly those pertaining to building individual donor relationships.
- Input donations and update donor information in the fundraising database, Salesforce
- Participate in the development of donor recognition and donor stewardship
- Track and analyze giving patterns using the fundraising database
- File and organize fundraising documents
- Write and send thank you cards or letters of receipt to donors
- Coordinate volunteers when support is needed for donor recognition activities
- Maintain communications with individual and monthly donors in order to deepen relationships
- Process monthly donations
- Process client payments
- Prepare and print tax receipts for donations
We are looking for candidates with the following skills, interests and experiences:
- Detail oriented
- Great time management and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with databases, experience with SalesForce an asset
- Excited about being part of the fundraising team
- Believe in the mission of Santropol Roulant
- Have strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Can take initiative and work independently
- Can work in English and French
- Enjoy working in a sparkling and dynamic office
*Administrative experience is an asset
Contract Details :
This is a part-time position (10 hours a week) for a 6-month contract from September 2017 to February 2018, with possibility of extension depending on organisational needs. The schedule will be decided by the Director of Human Resources in collaboration with the successful candidate. Our preference is for the hours to be spread over several days throughout the week. This is a salaried position at $12.67 per hour.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community. People of colour, people from racialized communities, people with disabilities, twospirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible. This position in particular may be well suited for people with limited mobility depending on their circumstances. Please contact Stephanie if you have any questions about the accessibility of our work area or your participation in an interview process. For more information about how to apply for a job at Santropol Roulant, click here. For more about our hiring policies, click here.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter addressed to the Fundraising Administrator Hiring Committee to rh at santropolroulant.org or drop off your application at our offices at 111 Roy Est by Monday August 14th at 9:00am. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information, contact Stephanie at 514-284-9335, write to stephanie at santropolroulant.org, visit www.santropolroulant.org, or stop by our offices.