Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Human Resource Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. Is a nonprofit, community based; Indigenous lead human services organization that provides a range of Indigenous identified programs and services that focus on the wholeness, wellness and that builds on the strengths and resilience of Indigenous People.
Position Summary: Ka Ni Kanichihk is seeking a Human Resource Administrator who is a passionate, creative supporter, who will be responsible for the administration of planning, organizing, analyzing, and recommending the operations of Human Resources to the Organization. In addition, this employee will have the exceptional opportunity work with a strong leadership team focused on working towards a workplace of excellence.
- Completion of a professional development program in Human Resources, including college diploma, HRM certificate or other related program of study
- Two-four years of direct Human Resources experience
- Experience in recruitment, orientation and training
- Direct and proven experience with employee health benefit plan administration, including knowledge of income tax forms, retirement plans, etc.
- Maintain and update employee stats of overtime, vacation, and other leave related to policy areas in a timely manner
- Maintenance of personnel records
- Must have specific experience in Microsoft Office and excellent experience using EXCEL
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, Acts, laws and policies.
- Commitment to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation and traditional healing practices
- Proven skill to format and draft correspondence, forms, reports, and proposals.
- Ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative and work with direct and minimal supervision.
- Plans, recommends, interprets, and promotes human resource policies and programs which support Ka Ni Kanichihk objectives to management.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Basic research skills required
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Proficient knowledge of human resources operations.
- Must be proficient in Payroll related processes.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Self-Check. Valid driver’s license with driver’s abstract and access to a vehicle is an asset.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity, therefore encourage applicants to self-declare in Cover letter if Indigenous (First Nation, Status and Non-Status, Metis and Inuit).
Applications for this position will be received up to closing on October 16, 2017. Please submit your Resume, cover letter and 3 work related references to:
Associate Executive Director
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3A 0B5
Fax # (204) 953-5824
Email: djordaan at kanikanichihk.ca
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.