Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Receptionist is a people-person who loves working with others and is committed to IRCOM’s mandate to empower newcomer families to integrate into the wider community. This staff is detail oriented, efficient and resourceful, with strong interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills. The ideal candidate will enjoy multi-tasking in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment. The Receptionist will exhibit and uphold IRCOM’s core values of integration, inclusion, social justice and empowerment working in a way that is people-centered, holistic and partnership based.
The objective of the Receptionist position is to serve as the initial point of contact for all visitors to IRCOM and to respond to all inquiries from the general public via phone, email and in-person. Further, they are responsible for providing all administrative support services to the IRCOM Ellen site. As a member of a six-person administration team, this role also works in cooperation with all staff to meet the newcomer community’s settlement needs.
- Reception: Greet and direct participants, visitors, and the general public
- Answer the phone, take messages, and respond to emails
- Implement office procedures and develop new procedures as needed
- Assist with organization of storage rooms and keep office spaces professional and in order
- Issue letters of correspondence on behalf of IRCOM as requested
- Keep Ellen office and kitchen supplies adequately stocked and organized
- Oversee booking and scheduling of IRCOM facilities by IRCOM staff and external groups when applicable
- Collect and distribute mail, file documents
Internal Communication Support
- Act as an internal staff liaison to facilitate staff communication across sites
- Organize logistics for annual staff retreat with Social Committee
- Update staff contact list and activities calendars on a regular basis
- Help prepare for monthly IRCOM staff meetings across sites (i.e. order food for meetings, make copies, set up room)
- Create and maintain an inventory of all IRCOM hardware, software, licenses, etc.
- Ensure Ellen telephone system, internal server and other technology is operational and inform appropriate support person of problems
- Maintain office equipment and call contractors when repairs are required
- Provide administrative support (filing, scanning, photocopying, etc.) to IRCOM Ellen staff
- Monthly reporting to the Operations Manager and Associate Executive Director
- Perform other duties as requested by the Operations Manager, Associate Executive Director, Executive Director or designate
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as Business Administration or Customer Service plus a minimum 2 years direct administrative or customer service experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Extensive computer experience with Microsoft applications and experience creating, designing and manipulating spreadsheets, including trouble shooting computer and tech issues
- Excellent cross-cultural and team work skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Must be open-minded, resourceful, highly motivated, creative and independent
- Demonstrated strong commitment to supporting and empowering the newcomer community through previous volunteering / community involvement
- International education/experience is recognized
- Newcomer experience is an asset
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
- For more information about employment at IRCOM and key qualifications and qualities we seek in all candidates, please see: http://www.ircom.ca/about-us/employmentopportunities/
Hours of Work / Salary / Other
This is a full-time position for a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. The Receptionist’s hours are fixed and will take place during IRCOM business hours between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday; however some evenings and weekends may be required as per the needs of IRCOM programs. The salary for this position is $34, 300. The selected candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Submitting an Application
To apply for this position please submit your résumé and cover letter by Thursday, January 18, 2018 to:
95 Ellen Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 1S8
Email: admin at ircom.ca
IRCOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants can identify themselves as belonging in any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, refugees, immigrants, visible minorities, persons with a disability or any other groups that are typically under-represented in the workplace.
We thank all who apply. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your cover letter and résumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.