Santropol Roulant is hiring!
About the Position
Working with staff members across the organisation, the Communications Coordinator will maintain and develop a variety of communication strategies to creatively tell our stories to a diversity of audiences through print, online and other media. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to engage with all facets of our work to engage and inspire our community, amplify our voice and increase the impact of our work across each of our program areas.
- Contribute to the development of communications strategies for the whole organisation
- Manage Santropol Roulant's online communication platforms and steward online communities
- Collaborate with the fundraising team in creating materials for individual donor appeals, online campaigns and other documents related to fundraising
- Coordinate the development, design, and distribution of print communication and on-site communication
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure its alignment with our overall communication style in developing program-specific communications strategies
- Create our bi-weekly electronic newsletter and annual report
- Receive media requests and provide support to colleagues and volunteers to enable them to engage confidently in media and public representation
We are looking for candidates with the following skills, interests and experiences:
- Passionate about the mission, values and approach of Santropol Roulant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Experience stewarding online communities, managing pages and troubleshooting with platforms such as Facebook and Wordpress
- Experience creating compelling written content
- Can take initiative and work independently
- Can balance long and short-term priorities while working in a vibrant community space where shared responsibilities for greeting community members may frequently interrupt our work.
- Comfort with Adobe suite, InDesign or other graphic design software
- Creative flair, graphic design skills, photo or video editing experience
- Experience with online fundraising campaigns
- Basic HTML editing experience
- French to English or English to French translation and/or editing experience
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as Google Analytics
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), and requires staff to work on Saturday rotations throughout the year. This is a salaried position at $15.87 per hour, in accordance with Santropol Roulant's Salary Policy which also includes health and professional development benefits and annual salary augmentations.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible.
To apply, please drop off or email your CV and cover letter addressed to the Hiring Committee at 111 Roy East or rh at santropolroulant.org by Friday, March 23rd at 9am. Only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted. You can reach us at 514-284-9335 with any questions or clarifications.