New Directions Family Connections Program
Family Connections offers person centered, family focused supports that are rooted in values of kinship. The program assists individuals and their families to deal with experiences that make it hard to stay together. We also assist in the development of new skills to remove barriers in order to have stronger and healthier connections. The supports are intended to ensure families can stay together, facilitate reunification, or promote continued meaningful connections for children, youth, and adults with their family.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training and scheduling support staff
- Setting up and managing tracking systems
- Participating and following-up with initial licensing and reviews
- Reviewing financial transaction records
- Applicants must have a Certificate or Diploma in social services and a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children in care and adults labelled with an intellectual disability.
- First Aid Certification and basic word processing skills are required.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills are also necessary. Individuals must be able to adapt to a variety of work requests.
- Interviewing and training experience would be considered assets.
- A current Driver’s License and use of a vehicle are required.
- A current Driver’s Abstract must also be provided.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry checks.
The salary range for the position is $33,197 – $46,477 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.
Please forward your resume and covering letter with references by 4:00pm Friday February 16th, 2017 to:
Family Connections Program
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults, and Families
500-717 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0M8
Email: angie.conrad at newdirections.mb.ca
New Directions thanks all applications for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from ethnically diverse persons including Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and newcomers to reflect the diversity of participants we support and who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.