The Community Connectors are responsible for creating a welcoming and safe environment for all users. This position reports to the Community Coordinator. This is a dynamic position that includes ensuring that Merchants Corner is a welcoming and safe place for all who enter.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Act as an ambassador for the community
- Ensures that all people who enter Merchants Corner Inc are greeting in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Answering questions about MCI programs and services
- Assist in MCI community events
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property
- Minor conflict resolution
- Opening and closing the building each day
- Complete incident reports as needed
- Obtains help from WPS when required
- Monitoring building activity
- Completes special projects specific to the function of the organization or as directed by the Community Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Community Coordinator
Education and Background
- Non-Crisis Intervention Training
- Mental Health First Aid
- First Aid - Minimum one-year experience with neighbourhood/community patrols
- One – two years of Customer Service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of North End
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Strong communication skills
- Good follow through and demonstrated delivery on project objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Publisher, and/or Creative Suite.
Merchants Corner Inc. practices employment equity. If you identify as a woman, Indigenous person, person with a disability, and/or person of colour, or reside in the North End, please indicate that in your cover letter.
Please forward resume and cover letter to Dawn Sands, email: dawn at necrc.org. Closing Date February 20, 2018.