Salary Range: $48,300 - $65,400
REPORTS TO: Manager, Communications
Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada (CMC) is the national apex association representing co‑operative and mutual businesses, sector federations and provincial associations. CMC provides a knowledgeable voice and expertise to encourage national policies and strategies that strengthen co-operative enterprises in Canada.
The Communications Co-ordinator is responsible for providing communications and technological support to the CMC team. The co-ordinator must have the ability to perform updates to various websites and social media channels.
Communications and technology support
- Basic website updates in a Drupal and WordPress Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Provide administrative support for teleconferences, virtual meetings, and webinars
- Co-ordinate communications activities across CMC departments: advocacy, development, communications, and engagement.
- Operate multiple productivity platforms and social media channels
- Graduate in journalism, communications or related discipline
- Fluency in both official languages - this position is designated bilingual imperative and exceptional French language skills will be a consideration
- Excellent web content management skills
- Social media campaign experience with Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, and Instagram, including relevant ad targeting for each
- Experience working in an association or within the co-operative sector is an asset
- Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to Michele Snyder at nsynder at canada.coop