Want to do work that makes a difference?
We work to change lives. Check out our mission, vision and values on our website. Don’t forget to read about how we work with our participants to make a difference.
Momentum staff are expected to work cooperatively with others; demonstrate flexibility in organizing work; have good communication skills; and demonstrate thoughtfulness in decision making. As a learning organization Momentum staff are also expected to continuously develop professionally and personally.
Staff must be non-judgmental and receptive in approach and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards the individual, family and community.
Momentum is an award winning and nationally recognized community economic development organization utilizing innovative approaches to poverty reduction. We’re striving to be an employer of choice and were selected as one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for 2016. We provide competitive compensation and benefits with an unparalleled work environment. We’re professional and diverse so you’ll find a range of people and backgrounds working here anywhere from an MBA to Social Work and everything in between. We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and love to celebrate and have fun along the way. We have high standards within a supportive setting that allows us to achieve a lot and have meaningful impact in the community. We’re good corporate citizens with sustainability being one of our values and take care to reduce our environmental footprint.
If this sounds like a place where you would want to work, please review the position below to see if there’s a fit with your skills and experience.
The Skills Department Assistant reports to the Skills Manager. The Skills Department Assistant is responsible to provide program support in the areas of administration, participant services, evaluation, and reporting.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
This position provides administrative support in the areas of:
- Program administration and participant services
- Departmental administration
- Evaluation and reporting
- Event Management
- Organization and community involvement
- Skills Manager
- Skills Coordinator
- Skills department Facilitators
- Skills Training participants
- Momentum staff
Department Administration and Participant Services
- Answer inquiries about Skills Training Programs
- Educate applicants and the public about Skills Training programs
- Assist the Manager, Coordinator and Facilitators with program registration and recruitment
- Assist Facilitators with applicants and participant support, and make referrals to appropriate resources
- Assist Coordinator and Facilitators to compile and maintain participant and program records and evaluations
- Lead the planning and execution of Department events: graduations, pot lucks and other events as needed
- Assist with Skills programs start up: Student Handbooks, Pre-Meetings, Paperwork, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the, Manager Coordinator and Facilitators as needed
- Provide photocopying, faxing, word processing, mailing tasks as required
- Schedule departmental meetings, assist in developing agendas and compile minutes as needed
Evaluation and Reporting
- Work with Coordinator and Facilitators to maintain accurate and timely electronic records in databases and spreadsheets
- Lead the department information management efforts to reduce/eliminate spreadsheets and increase the use of the TEA database
- Ensure high quality of all required hard copy records (programs and participants)
- Assist in tracking program outputs
- Compile and produce program data into various report formats
- Edit, format, and/or copy departmental documents and reports
- Support evaluation as required
Organization & Community Involvement
- Participate in Skills meetings, and other program meetings as needed
- Participate in general staff meetings, committee meetings and organizational events
- Provide front desk reception and chores as per sign up list
- Where appropriate, represent Momentum and/or Skills Department to make presentations to the community
- Attend annual Board Staff Retreat and annual Momentum Team Building day
- Provide limited support to job seekers in the computer nook
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Highly flexible with constantly evolving deadlines, requests, and priority changes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to be sensitive, and understanding when communicating with individuals who are immigrants or Aboriginal persons
- Strong experience, knowledge and understanding in data base entry and data base principles
- Desire and ability to learn new data bases
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Has the ability to thrive and quickly adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Takes initiative in responding to tasks needing completion
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Embraces continuous learning
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset
- Experience with Community Economic Development an asset
Please forward resume with covering letter:
Via e-mail to: job at momentum.org
State competition number in subject line of email.
Attention: Hiring Committee
Competition Number: MOM0301
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Applicants must state salary expectations in their cover letter.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To see why Momentum is a great place to work and what we have to offer visit www.momentum.org