Special Projects Coordinator
Temporary Full Time Maternity Leave (April 2018 - July 2019)
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Special Projects Coordinator has primary responsibility to research, develop and deliver economic development projects, initiatives and services within Cando and throughout Canada. The Special Projects Coordinator works with a variety of tools, partners and service providers to ensure that Indigenous communities are active participants in the Canadian economy. This position works to maximize the investments made by Cando stakeholders and funders, while impacting the broader socio-economic environment of Canada.
Education and Experience
- Post secondary education supplemented with related experience and demonstrated success in program delivery.
- Experience in research and project development and management, including proposal writing and reporting.
- Working knowledge of existing federal and provincial programs and initiatives available to Indigenous communities that support economic and business development is a definite asset.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment and/or in Indigenous organization is an asset.
- Understanding of Indigenous culture and protocols.
- Understanding of the current issues, constraints, and potential solutions to economic development amongst First Nation communities and Métis Settlements.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Cando Offices - Edmonton
Closing Date - April 6, 2018
Please forward your cover letter & resume to the attention of Svitlana Konoval, Manager Adminstrative Services at skonoval at edo.ca