|LOCATION||Ottawa or Toronto|
|REPORTS TO||Program Director|
|Classification||Position Type||No. Hours per Week|
|D 4-6||Full Time||37.5|
The Canadian CED Network is inviting applications for the position of Social Enterprise Procurement and Investment Senior Program Manager.
Under the general direction of the Program Director, the Senior Program Manager has overall responsibility and authority for successful design, development, promotion, human resource management, financial management and overall delivery of social enterprise procurement and investment support programs.
In addition, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for management of human resources, financial resources, partner relations and liaison with funding agencies.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, national association committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Aboriginal and northern settings. CCEDNet engages a broad and inclusive range of community interests in common efforts to influence policy, create stronger and fairer local economies, tackle poverty and homelessness, and invest in sustainable communities. Our national administrative office is in Québec, and CCEDNet staff are located in Ontario and Manitoba. For more information on the Network please visit our website: ccednet-rcdec.ca
- Direct accountability for overall design, development, execution, monitoring and management of the funding contracts.
- Management of relationships with program donors and other key stakeholders including national and provincial project partners.
- Directly accountable for motivation, recruitment, selection, orientation, performance management and overall management of human resources assigned to project.
- Leading financial management processes; prepares annual budget, monitors performance against budget, analyzes budget variances and provides recommendations as required, co-ordinates with finance and program staff and reviews revised projections, liaises with responsible project staff.
- Supervising the evaluation contractor to ensure impact of programs is quantified and effectively communicated accomplishment of results.
- Responsible for the outreach, marketing and communications strategy for the project
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in project management, preferably managing and implementing large federal or provincial contribution agreements.
- Detail-oriented, independent, professional, and able to work in a flexible environment with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated competence in planning, results-based program management and reporting, financial management and control.
- A multitasking spirit to handle challenging situations and stringent circumstances
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods
- Experience with social enterprise development, the social economy or community economic development
Work Experience Requirements
A minimum of 10 years of progressive related project management experience in the social enterprise, social economy or Community Economic Development fields.
University degree, preferably a graduate degree, in a related field and/or accreditation and/or equivalent experience.
Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset.
Location: The preferred location for this position is either Toronto or Ottawa, however exceptional candidates located elsewhere in Ontario with a proven track record for telework and willingness to travel will be considered.
Compensation: This is full-time position from April 2018 to March 2021, with possibility of extension. Salary is $67k - $73k depending on qualifications and experience, plus extended health and dental benefits, competitive leave entitlements and professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and a cover letter by April 20, 2018 to info at ccednet-rcdec.ca with ‘Senior Program Manager’ in the subject line.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. CCEDNet is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds to self-identify.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.