Regional Connections is seeking an Executive Director that supports our Mission and Vision and is prepared to build on our strong track record of anticipating community needs; delivering service excellence, building proactive community engagement, leading our organization through a period of growth, and helping to capitalize on new opportunities.
Regional Connections is a not-for-profit organization that provides settlement programs and services for newcomers to Canada in the Pembina Valley region of southern Manitoba. As a “one-stop shop”, programs and services at Regional Connections include settlement, employment, language training, and integration programs and activities at multiple locations: Winkler, Morden, Altona, Manitoba.
Reporting to the advisory Board, the successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of Regional Connections strategic vision and policies, guide the long term development and financial sustainability of the organization, and provide operational leadership. The Executive Director, in collaboration with various government funders oversees programs and services to newcomers, and manages Regional Connections staff and resources. He/she will lead a management team and work with partners and stakeholders to strengthen the capacity of the organization to respond to the needs of newcomers in southern Manitoba.
The ideal candidate brings a track record of success in a senior leadership role within a not-for-profit, service provider organization. We are seeking a mature, experienced candidate who has knowledge of immigration settlement programming, and who possesses the following education, skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in a not-for-profit environment;
- A minimum of 5 years of senior level management/leadership experience at a similar sized organization;
- Relevant graduate degree or higher; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Proven strategic planning skills; demonstrated ability to connect vision, mission and strategic goals and develop the work plan to achieve them;
- Skills in financial management, human resource planning and non-profit governance;
- Experience with management of staff and contracted resources;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Experience in policy and program development, including the ability to guide and implement program policy and decisions;
- Superior communication skills including public speaking at external functions and meetings;
- Excellent writing ability, including funding applications/proposals, reports, and position papers;
- Effective relationship management with funders, diverse partners and stakeholders;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products.
This is a full time contract position with compensation based upon qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume highlighting how they meet the education and experience requirements by Monday, April 23, 2018 to:
Executive Director Search Team
Email: admin at regionalconnections.ca
Interviews are expected to be held between May 1st and May 4th.
Thank you for your interest in our organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For further information about the organization and the position please visit our website: www.regionalconnections.ca