13-week term (35 hours/week) Green Team Position
Daniel McIntyre / St. Matthews Community Association (DMSMCA) is a non-profit community renewal organization. We work with residents and stakeholders towards social, cultural, economic and environmentally sustainable renewal and revitalization of the Daniel McIntyre / St. Matthews neighbourhoods.
The Youth Programs Assistant will help to develop and supervise programming for youth 12-18 years of age, including activities at the DMSMCA Resource Centre and in the community through the Yard Works job readiness program.
- Assisting with planning, developing and implementing youth recreation activities;
- Assisting youth with resumes, job search, and connecting to resources;
- Assisting with planning and presenting workshops for youth on a variety of topics;
- Assisting with the Yard Works job readiness program including performing yard work for seniors and helping to supervise and motivate youth
- Assisting with community gardens and running gardening activities for kids and youth
- Assisting with the planning, developing and implementing of summer events
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience with running youth programming
- Knowledge and experience with job search and resume building
- Ability to develop and present on a variety of workshop topics
- Ability to do physical labour
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge and experience in Community Development approaches and practices
- Positive attitude, works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Can work individually as well as cooperatively, inclusively and effectively with others
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of the Daniel McIntyre/St. Matthews, West Central area and inner city issues
- Knowledge of CED principles
- Ability to speak another language would be an asset
- Providing an up-to-date child abuse registry check and a criminal record check
- Must be between the ages 16-29.
DMSMCA is an equity employer; members of a visible minority, of Aboriginal descent, are newcomers to Canada or live in the inner city are encouraged to apply.
Wage: $11.50 / hour
Hours of Work: Up to 37.5 hours/week; some evening and weekend hours required. This is a 13-week term position.
Start date: June 4
Please submit resume and cover letter by Monday, May 21, 2018 at 4 pm to:
Thank you to all those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.