Start Date Sep-Nov 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
The objectives of this placement are to place publicity strategies to efficiently use public relations to meet organizational objectives; to provide support to build strong relations with the community and service users; and to train staff effectively work with service users and community based on needs assessment.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Conduct gap assessment and make recommendations
- Participate in developing a customer service standards and protocols.
- Collecting and analyzing data to monitor the level of customer service.
- Advise on over all Organizational Development
- Coach/Mentor and conduct training needs assessment as well as capacity building sessions for the staff/management
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- M. A in Organizational leadership, Business Administration, Community Development or related field
Essential Professional Background:
- At least 2 years’ experience in organizational development
- Experience in Training Delivery on OD
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months