The Canadian CED Network is inviting applications for the position of National Conference and Engagement Coordinator.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, national association committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Aboriginal and northern settings. CCEDNet engages a broad and inclusive range of community interests in common efforts to influence policy, create stronger and fairer local economies, tackle poverty and homelessness, and invest in sustainable communities. Our national administrative office is in Québec, and CCEDNet staff are located in Ontario and Manitoba. For more information on the Network please visit our website: ccednet-rcdec.ca
ABOUT THE POSITION
EconoUs, the national CED conference, and member engagement are integrally linked. EconoUs is one of the primary mechanisms for CCEDNet members to connect with innovative peers from across Canada, to learn directly about strategies for generating positive local economic, social and environmental impacts, to share successes, challenges and questions, and to reinvigorate efforts for community change through new ideas, knowledge and connections. The conference will demand most of the National Conference and Engagement Coordinator's time and should be seen as an extension of member engagement activities. Outside peak conference planning periods the National Conference and Engagement Coordinator will focus on other ways to engage CCEDNet members.
Reporting to CCEDNet's Communications Manager, the National Conference and Engagement Coordinator will lead CCEDNet responsibilities in the following areas:
- Overseeing conference workplan and coordinating or completing tasks required for a successful event
- Preparing and leading National Conference planning meetings, including online shared file folders
- Liaison and communications with local partners
- Managing selection of presenters and managing communications with all presenters
- Working with local partners to prepare conference program and design, with selection of workshops and keynote speakers, with an emphasis on strong and diverse participant engagement
- Develop fundraising campaigns to attract identified sponsors and public funders
- Coordinating the preparation and translation of all conference documentation and promotional materials to ensure consistent branding, language and availability in both English and French
- National and provincial promotion and media relations, in coordination with local partners' communications resources
- Overseeing conference registration process and data management, responding to questions from registrants
- Coordinating the logistical aspects of the conference with the CCEDNet team
Download the Final EconoUs2017 Report (the EconoUs2018 report will be available in the coming weeks)
- Contacting current and recently lapsed CCEDNet member by phone
- Connecting member needs with existing resources, and recommend new resources for common unmet needs
- Convening regular online member meetups
- Updating member information in CCEDNet data systems
- Demonstrated experience in event organizing
- Proficiency in online communications and customer relationship management systems
- Post-secondary college, university degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Detail-oriented, independent, professional, and able to work in a flexible, open-office environment on a project with very firm deadlines
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Experience in community economic development and social enterprise an asset
- Experience working with a member-oriented perspective an asset
Location: The preferred location for the successful candidate is with CCEDNet's communications team in our Toronto office, but exceptional candidates with a proven track record for telework and willingness to travel will be considered.
Compensation: This is full time term position. Salary is $19.66 - $23.90/hr depending on qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and a cover letter by October 25, 2018 to Matthew Thompson at mthompson at ccednet-rcdec.ca with 'National Conference and Engagement Coordination' in the subject line. Interviews will take place in November.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. CCEDNet is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds to self-identify.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.