Job Posting - Manager, Housing Access (Term Position - Maternity Leave - up to 18 Months)
As part of the EHW team, the Manager, Housing Access will lead the work to increase the supply of and access to housing units in the community to meet targets for ending homelessness. The incumbent will also work with EHW partners to promote the development of affordable and supported housing projects in Winnipeg. Specifically, the Manager, Housing Access will:
- Act as an advisor to the President & CEO and to the Board on housing policy and housing project development;
- Develop and maintain local, provincial, and national contacts in the housing sector;
- Chair and support committees and working groups such as; The Housing Supply Action Committee, Extreme Weather Response Committee and others as requested;
- Facilitate planning for housing projects. Including addressing barriers by working with proponents and community groups and guiding plans/projects through municipal and other approval processes;
- Participate in administering service purchase agreements related to access and supply of housing;
- Play a lead role in implementing Housing First philosophy and processes within the community;
- Support the implementation and integration of the Reaching Home Strategy;
- Assist with the development of housing friendly policy and update housing plans; and
- Establish a working liaison with key housing sector stakeholders.
You are passionate about ending homelessness and have the following qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and related experience:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Urban Planning or related discipline;
- Minimum two years professional experience in the not-for-profit sector in a management capacity which includes team leadership and successful collaborative relationships with boards, private sector, government agencies, and community agencies;
- Deep understanding of housing project development and experience housing people experiencing homelessness;
- Strong research, report writing, and presentation skills;
- Good knowledge of social and affordable housing administration, planning and financial management to identify housing providers’ capacity for effective housing management and to ensure compliance with legislation/policies/standards; and
- Demonstrated understanding of case management best practices, the Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness, National Housing Strategy, and Housing First principles.
- This unionized, full time term position falls under MGEU Local 439;and
- This maternity leave term position may end earlier with two weeks notice.
Please forward cover letter and résumé by January 7, 2019 directly to:
Email: careers at endhomelessnesswinnipeg.ca
or mail to:
Attention: Lucille Bruce
End Homelessness Winnipeg
Unit C - 216 Pacific Ave. Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0M4
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.