The Canadian CED Network is inviting applications for the position of Community Leadership Program Director.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, national association committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Aboriginal and northern settings. CCEDNet engages a broad and inclusive range of community interests in common efforts to influence policy, create stronger and fairer local economies, tackle poverty and homelessness, and invest in sustainable communities. Our national administrative office is in Québec, and CCEDNet staff are located in Ontario and Manitoba. For more information on the Network please visit our website: ccednet-rcdec.ca
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
The Community Leadership Program is a new CCEDNet initiative delivered in partnership with the Social Enterprise Academy International to provide learning and development opportunities for staff of community organizations based on peer-supports that reinforce personal strengths, self-awareness, clarity and confidence. CCEDNet will be piloting the Community Leadership Program in Ontario to start, with the expectation of it expanding across the country based on successful growth.
Reporting to CCEDNet’s Director of Engagement, the main responsibility of the Community Leadership Program Director is to implement the business plan as approved by the CCEDNet Board of Directors and ensure the operational achievement of the initiative’s strategic aims and objectives. Primary responsibilities include:
- timely reporting to CCEDNet’s Director of Engagement;
- sales and business development.Business development responsibilities include working with regional partners to: identify program opportunities; identify and qualify leads (organisational customers); assess needs and propose program solutions; close sales and complete contracts; and ensure partner and customer satisfaction.
- developing and refining the Community Leadership Program’s business model;
- ensuring the successful implementation of all necessary systems;
- identifying, engaging, and developing strong working relationships with regional partners;
- recruiting and managing the performance of peer tutors;
- representing the Community Leadership Program to the broader community.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and business development.
- Understanding of adult education and effective training practices.Familiarity with the Social Enterprise Academy training model an asset.
- Knowledge of Canada’s community economic development, non-profit and social enterprise sectors, especially in Ontario.
- Detail-oriented, independent, professional, and able to work in a flexible environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills
- Post-secondary college, university degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset
Location: The preferred location for the Community Leadership Program Director is CCEDNet’s Toronto office, however exceptional candidates with a proven track record for telework and willingness to travel will be considered.
Compensation: This is a part-time position (14h/week) starting as soon as possible to September 30, 2019, with possibility of extension. Salary is in accordance with the current CCEDNet compensation policy, commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and a cover letter by January 16, 2019 to info at ccednet-rcdec.ca with ‘Community Leadership Program Director’ in the subject line.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. CCEDNet is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds to self-identify.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.