Classification: Casual Staff Needed
Location: 445 King Street (Home Base)
Salary: To be negotiated
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for Casual Youth Worker position with Home Based Crisis Intervention Program. This worker will be required to respond to referrals from various community partners on an immediate basis. The activities shall range from homemaker duties, childcare, respite, parent support services, mediation, conflict resolution, emotional support and recreational activities. These wide ranges of duties are to be in the best interest of the child and their families. Must be able to work evenings and weekends if or as needed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to the issues that impact on children/youth/families;
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Report writing/skills in advocating for families;
- Possess organizational skills and an ability to work independently and creatively;
- Independent problem solving skills;
- Understanding of Indigenous and community related issues;
- Knowledge and skills to work with children/ youth;
- Computer skills would be considered an asset;
- Strong motivational and leadership skills;
- Be a team player/facilitator;
- Time Management skills;
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Drivers license and access to a vehicle would be considered an asset;
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received by 4:00 p.m., January 14, 2019.
Human Resources Assistant
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, MB R4H 0B7
Fax: 204-946-5042 or HR at mamawi.com