The Jubilee Fund is a growing non profit social finance charity that works to reduce poverty and financial exclusion in Manitoba.
We are looking for a full time Office Manager who has Accounting/Bookkeeping experience and would like to join our small team that provide access to financing for non profit organisations in Manitoba. Our unique social finance model provides organisations with the equity they need to expand and grow services for people who live in poverty in Manitoba.
Accounting & Administration duties:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- Biweekly payroll - salaried employees.
- Cash flow management
- GST returns
- Manage annual Audit process
- Preparation of invoices and Charitable receipts
- Track and manage employee time, holidays and expenses
- Document & record all transactions of the Jubilee Fund in a computer-based accounting software.
- Make bank deposits, on-line bill payments and transfers, process credit card transactions and e-transfers, prepare account payable cheques for signature, administer payroll, benefits & deductions through Payworks.
- Review all employee expense claims/corporate credit card purchases for signature and payment.
- Prepare monthly financial statements including Bank Account Reconciliations, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Portfolio Report and Individual Donation Report.
- Responsible for working with the auditor to prepare audit information and liaising with the Finance Committee and the Executive Director
- Prepare an annual operating budget for consideration by the Executive Director and Fund Development Manager
- Complete Government forms, such as GST rebate forms and annual corporate registry filing.
- Prepare charitable tax receipts for applicable donors working with the Fund Development Manager.
- Prepare invoices for event sponsorships and in support of the Fund Development Manager
- Handle mail, telephone and email enquiries, filing, office supplies, paper production activities and office routines.
- Draft letters and meeting agendas as required by the Executive Director and Fund Development Manager. Assemble mailing and meeting materials as required.
- Document loan repayments and guarantee pay downs and invoice projects for interest as required.
- Assist with major donation request mailings and member communications in support of the Executive Director and the Fund Development Manager.
- Assist with the coordination of Jubilee Fund events and Annual General Meeting as required.
- Support and provide advice to Finance and Event Planning Committees and other committees of the Board as required.
- Prepare and distribute the Board agenda and other related support material prior to the meeting; record and distribute Board meeting minutes to directors and staff.
- Other duties may be assign.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Certification in Accounting/Bookkeeping preferred.
- Experience in Sage Accounting software or similar bookkeeping software
- Experience in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Dedication to the Jubilee Fund mandate
- Strong track record of problem solving & leadership
- Minimum 2-3 years in Office Management Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Project coordination and/or Office administration experience preferred but not required.
Salary based on experience.
Closing Date: January 14, 2019
Please submit a cover letter and resume to The Jubilee Fund – Executive Director – Derek at jubileefund.ca
Note: We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.