Position: Youth Mentor
Classification: Permanent Full-Time (Saturday/Sunday 8am-8pm, Monday/Tuesday 4pm-12 midnight)
Location: Rural Community outside of Winnipeg
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of Youth Mentor for the Hands of Mother Earth (H.O.M.E) residential facility. H.O.M.E strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for high risk youth ages 13-17 years old. The site is a six- bed facility that operates 24 hours, 7days a week and offers a range of assessment and support services. H.O.M.E is a safe house that provides care, safety and supervision through structured programs, intense holistic support services and healing opportunities for residents and their families.
- Child & Youth Care Diploma or acceptable equivalent and related experience;
- Residential Care experience would be an asset;
- Implementing the Healing Plans with the young woman.
- Provides support/supervision to the residents;
- Program development and facilitation skills;
- Liaises, supervise and consult with collateral agencies with regard to specific service recipient or service concerns in general;
- Incumbent must be aware of the impact and effects of sexual exploitation/abuse on the lives of the young women and be able to establish relationships with resident’s build on trust and genuine caring;
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others and contribute as a team member;
- Ability to work under stressful situations;
- Knowledge of the Child Welfare Legislation and Standards;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues;
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification;
- Valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License;
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact checks required.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than January 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Attention: Jacqueline Trout
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingly, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204- 946-5042 or HR at mamawi.com