Winnipeg Harvest is a fast-paced, energetic workplace with employees that care about the work we do and the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit, community-based organization, our goal is to collect and share food with hungry Manitobans, offer training opportunities to help people step out of poverty and advocate for change.
Winnipeg Harvest serves approximately 400 Food Distribution Agencies (food banks, soup kitchens, meal/snack or daycare programs) within Winnipeg. Our Agency Liaison works to support, cultivate and progress relationships with each agency and builds partnerships with new ones to create positive change in the community related to food security.
- Build and mature relationships with our existing Food Distribution Agencies (FDAs) by maintaining regular planned contact by phone, email or in person, and develop strong relationships with new agencies
- Evaluate the effectiveness of partnered FDAs by conducting site visits to assess their needs, and monitoring daily operations for opportunities to offer support
- Provide customized training to improve or expand services for FDAs, including effective volunteer strategies, Safe Food Handling, or other support like standards and best practices for food distribution
- Provide timely guidance and support to FDAs, and assist toward the resolution of issues or complaints
- Establish standards for new FDAs, including setting expectations and guidelines, program best-practices and developing and procedures or additional supports as needed
- Provide accurate information on various community resources to agencies and clients
- Administer client databases for each agency to ensure client data is current and accurate
- Celebrate successes, anniversaries, retirements and other important milestones with our FDAs
- Willingly lend a hand wherever it¡¦s needed for our CREW!
- A firm belief in the dignity of all human beings and a positive, caring approach
- 3 or more years in a customer service capacity in the not-for-profit sector is strongly preferred
- Experience facilitating established group training sessions and evaluating implementation
- Ability to liaise professionally, compassionately and enthusiastically with diverse stakeholders
- Strong relationship building, public speaking and community networking capabilities
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communications abilities
- Proven ability to take charge and deliver effective and personalized solutions under pressure
- Capacity to accurately assess complex situations & develop timely and thoughtful solutions
- Flexibility and the capacity to change directions to address urgent operational needs
- Strong detail orientation with the ability to manage large volumes of data
- Intermediate knowledge of the MS Office Suite, complex databases and reporting
- Familiarity with food-security and poverty issues and the available community resources
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Valid class 5 driver¡¦s license required; access to a reliable vehicle strongly preferred
Apply by email at: hr at winnipegharvest.org
Position Closes: Friday, April 12, 2019 at 4:30pm
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those with the required qualifications will be contacted.