Social Enterprise Manager (Construction)
Build Up Saskatoon
Full Time Position (40 hour/week)
Quint Development Corporation is a unique community economic development organization, focused on creating economic opportunities that help to strengthen communities and improve social conditions for Saskatoon residents. The goal is to create opportunities for affordable housing, jobs, and economic development in Saskatoon's west-side core neighbourhoods.
Build Up Saskatoon (BUS) is a program of Quint Development that seeks to employ individuals that have ba hard time entering and staying in the labour market due to multiple barriers. The objective is to operate as a social enterprise that values social improvements as its primary purpose as opposed to profit. BUS provides contracting services in the areas of apartment turnover maintenance, renovations, eaves cleaning and other additional work dependent on public and private contracts.
The expectation of the Social Enterprise Manager is to expand, develop and grow BUS and move it further to financial sustainability. This role requires someone who can network, communicate, and develop relationships with stakeholders while developing action plans and seeing them through. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with the Crew Supervisor to create an efficient, respectful workplace that seeks to mentor marginalized individuals that face many high barriers to meaningful employment.
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Program Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Identify and bring forward new procurement opportunities
- Support revenue generation efforts, including writing proposals, responding to RFPs and other opportunities
- Implement and manage contracts and service agreements for the program
- Lead presentations to boards, purchasers, or potential campaign-level clients.
- Review public purchasing portals (e.g. MERX) for opportunities that fit Build Up Saskatoon’s mission of creating sustainable, repetitive work for training and employment opportunities.
- Engaging in public requests for proposals and bids for larger jobs.
- Develops and fosters successful, long-term business relationships with key purchasers, stakeholders, and clients
- Addressing any concerns that BUS’s clients may have in regards to performance or products.
- Networking in the construction trades sector.
- In collaboration with the Crew Supervisor reviewing scheduling and logistics of each job to ensure all work is conducted in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, and training crew members
- Ensuring that all human resource functions including annual performance evaluations and required disciplinary actions are carried out in keeping with the organization’s policies.
- Oversee success metrics, tracking and reporting
- Create operating budget and track and collect accounts receivable
- Conducting cost analyses on all work done by BUS
- Conducting site visits for the creation of work estimates for clients.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of community economic development, labour market needs and support services that address employment barriers in Saskatoon
- An understanding of the issues faced by people who are marginalized and face barriers to employment
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office Applications; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and internet
- A relevant post-secondary education (e.g. Business Management, Project Management)
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is mandatory
- A minimum of five years’ experience in management
- Experience in sales and/or marketing an asset
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written, including public speaking.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing timelines effectively
- Superior assessment and problem-solving skills
- Willing to obtain a criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check
Quint Development Corporation strives to employ a workforce that is representative of the neighbourhoods in which it operates.
To apply: submit your resume and cover letter by 4 p.m. Monday April 8, 2019
Email: laverne at quintsaskatoon.ca | Fax: 306-683-1957
Address: 101-1120 20th street West Saskatoon, SK S7M 0Y8
Only applicants selected will be contacted for an interview